LW Zachary L'Heureux - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2021, 27th, NSH)

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Let’s make one thing clear, he knows how to pass, can do it well and has good vision, I’m not worried about a 17 year old who’s trying to take on more in his draft year.

he’s always played on the edge and had a fire to him, he does cross the line and needs to work on his discipline, he’s someone who wants to win more than anything, gets fustrated. He’ll grow out of it.

I think his rise has pumped his ego a little too high, and he needs to work harder, but i really do get it. He will get back to where he came from, and when that happens he’ll find himself again.

he’s so far from uncoachable, I burst out laughing.
Thanks for straightening me out. Really appreciated

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Let’s make one thing clear, he knows how to pass, can do it well and has good vision, I’m not worried about a 17 year old who’s trying to take on more in his draft year.

he’s always played on the edge and had a fire to him, he does cross the line and needs to work on his discipline, he’s someone who wants to win more than anything, gets fustrated. He’ll grow out of it.

I think his rise has pumped his ego a little too high, and he needs to work harder, but i really do get it. He will get back to where he came from, and when that happens he’ll find himself again.

You should give him a call and give him your support. Looks like another suspension coming his way after last nights latest attack on another player. Could be longer this time after the spit incident last time

molotce

Apr 14, 2017

From the Q, this competitiveness and play on the edge makes me think of dubois. Got suspended in his draft year, got frustrated when he wasnt winning/inpacting the game (especially draft +1) and always was coachable and had a drive. Some similarities on this aspect of character ?

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
From the Q, this competitiveness and play on the edge makes me think of dubois. Got suspended in his draft year, got frustrated when he wasnt winning/inpacting the game (especially draft +1) and always was coachable and had a drive. Some similarities on this aspect of character ?
Could be, Swan and less so Orr can get nasty and cross lines. It’s a young team, there’s gonna be nights where kids get pissed or f*** up.

up until midget not a single coach who had L’Heureux will say bad things about him, I don’t know his junior coaches. At the same time these kids are playing the hardest season of their lives, I can’t imagine how it’s impacting the average kid. I know there’s a few rumblings, but I don’t believe that Moncton’s coach had many issues and he was better insulated there than in Halifax, I’m not sure he was ready to be thrust into the role he’s in on a really young team.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Has he progressed much this season? Stats are about the same as last season albeit on a weaker team now

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Has he progressed much this season? Stats are about the same as last season albeit on a weaker team now

The thing is, weaker is not the word i'd use thou...

Their rookies, those 16 and 17 year olds, are really good,..dare to say better than Zachary,
but because they ARE rookies, they don't always play at their top level and Mooseheads have ton of them = not many wins.

Players like Orr, Vidicek, Swan, Dumais, Whynot, Peeters are sooooo skilled
+ they have Desnoyers and Barron as well

Reactions: wings5

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
When he’s on the ice he helps the team. He’s been suspended twice this year and could have received another for kneeing but the league looked the other way. So it’s hard to tell if he’s progressed. He’s stronger and is skating better and his hands are better. Kid loves to drive the play and the net. After the last suspension the coach put him on 2nd/3rd lines but he’s worked his way back to the top line where he should be. I like him a lot he reminds me a lot of Kassian when he was a junior with better skills and skating.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Kid has been playing fantastic. Looks like the player that most expected before the season started. Glad he’s turned his year around. Wasn’t looking good for a while

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
4 goals last 2 games has been unreal the last 5 games. Staying out of the box and making plays.

Reactions: Tripod

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
4 goals last 2 games has been unreal the last 5 games. Staying out of the box and making plays.

1 game later he gets his third suspension of the season, he has accumulated 9 games worth of suspensions. Has played 32 games this season however and has been healthy has 19g 20a in those games. In a full season he'd be on 70-80pt pace. He compares himself to Matthew Tkachuk. Which makes sense since both are kid of rats haha.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
1 game later he gets his third suspension of the season, he has accumulated 9 games worth of suspensions. Has played 32 games this season however and has been healthy has 19g 20a in those games. In a full season he'd be on 70-80pt pace. He compares himself to Matthew Tkachuk. Which makes sense since both are kid of rats haha.[/QUOTE
1 game later he gets his third suspension of the season, he has accumulated 9 games worth of suspensions. Has played 32 games this season however and has been healthy has 19g 20a in those games. In a full season he'd be on 70-80pt pace. He compares himself to Matthew Tkachuk. Which makes sense since both are kid of rats haha.
He had been playing exceptionally well lately and then pulled another childish stunt. Oh well it’s almost expected now. He’s emotional. One thing to consider is his high percentage of points against the low flying Eagles.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Got another 4 game suspension for his involvement in a brawl last night between Isles and Halifax. Now 13 games worth of suspensions in a 42 game season. Will miss some really important playoff games. 7 players got suspended, off topic but the guy who high sticked Gravel in the face got nothing, he got speared in the nuts before that.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Unfortunately seasons over for the Mooseheads, COVID ruin their plans to compete in the playoffs.

L'Heureux finished the season with 9 goals in 10 games. I think he goes around 20-34. Could go even earlier if the right market likes his style of play.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Unfortunately seasons over for the Mooseheads, COVID ruin their plans to compete in the playoffs.

L'Heureux finished the season with 9 goals in 10 games. I think he goes around 20-34. Could go even earlier if the right market likes his style of play.
I wonder if they would let him go to the U18 tournament. Not likely, I suppose.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

This kid has NYR written all over him. They aren’t typically known for going the Q route but they need centers and scumbags. This kid seems to be both.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This kid has NYR written all over him. They aren’t typically known for going the Q route but they need centers and scumbags. This kid seems to be both.

That's funny because he seems similar to Brendan Lemieux.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad