LW William Strömgren - Modo Hockey, J20 (2021, 45th, CGY)

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
He reminds me a lot of Filip Forsberg, at least in terms of style of play.

Forsberg also took a while to develop . I see Stromberg following a similar trajectory.

JoshTessler

Jun 18, 2020
Alexander Appleyard from my team at Smaht Scouting wrote this report on Strömgren. Check it out and hit him up if you have any questions.

Reactions: Kearns

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He’s pretty clearly a freakish natural talent with the elusive size and speed combo. The question will be if he’s got the hockey IQ

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So far it was a bad move for him to move to Rögle. He is just playing for their u20 team. He is better off in Allsvenskan with MoDo.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Has been mostly stuck in juniors this season. Imo like Lysell and Olausson, he might be a player who benefits by playing in the CHL next season

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Excellent more for him. Now he will get more ice time in SHL and should put up some decent numbers

Maybe. The 3rd line in Rogle was his to lose and he lost it, which is why Stromgren left for Brynas. I liked this kid in his draft year and hope he can turn it around but my faith is feeling shaky now.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

He was supposed to be a regular for Rogle this season. Stromgren could not cut it and he and Rogle mutually terminated his contract so he could find icetime somewhere else. He could not beat Sjodin, Tarnstrom, Niederbach, Ferguson or Ljungman for icetime.

So instead of playing bottom 6 in Rogle he's playing as the 13th forward on a worse team.

vs.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He was supposed to be a regular for Rogle this season. Stromgren could not cut it and he and Rogle mutually terminated his contract so he could find icetime somewhere else. He could not beat Sjodin, Tarnstrom, Niederbach, Ferguson or Ljungman for icetime.

So instead of playing bottom 6 in Rogle he's playing as the 13th forward on a worse team.

vs.

That does not answer my question. You're saying he had, and lost, a 3rd line role that was "his to lose." What did you base that on?

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I mean it depends on how you look at the situation:
Stromgren is not a 3rd/4th line type of player. He is a top 6 talent. So maybe he didn’t stick on that 3rd line because he is just not a great 2-way player yet.

I would prefer he gets a shot at a top 6 role.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I mean it depends on how you look at the situation:
Stromgren is not a 3rd/4th line type of player. He is a top 6 talent. So maybe he didn’t stick on that 3rd line because he is just not a great 2-way player yet.

I would prefer he gets a shot at a top 6 role.

I don't think he's got top 6 upside in the NHL. Maybe 3rd line at best, which is OK. I don't know if the talent level is there for top 6 duties.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I meant he SHOULD have been on the 3rd line. He lost the spot to internal competition on the team.
You can't lose what was never yours. The players you listed got the least amount of ice time this first game anyway, so didn't quite "beat" him for a 3rd line role, or the SHL equivalent.

Makes sense for him to get away from Rögle, an Allsvenskan loan would've been good for him, but Brynäs had been interested in him since last season so should be given a decent opportunity finally.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad