LW Vladimir Kuznetsov - Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, KHL (2016 undrafted)

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Didn't see a thread about him...
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=309244

"The Russian Tank"
6'1" playmaking winger playing on the second line (RW) for Acadie-Bathurst of the QMJHL. He's got 3 goals in the past 2 games (up to 12 points in 17 games for the season). He was the 1st overall selection of the 2015 CHL Import Draft and is eligible for the 2016 draft. I think he's been looking really solid but would love to hear other opinions on him.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Needs a different nickname. Tank is already taken, even if he (Tarasenko) doesn't particularly like it. :nod:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Video of the KHL draft's skating contest in May, Kuznetsov at 5:46.

He got the second fastest lap behind Popugayev, looks like he lost some time when turning. Still that's some very impressive skating for a 6'2" and 214 lbs size.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
I've seen him quite a few times with Bathurst being a division rival of the Mooseheads (rival for worst team in the Q this year, but I digress). His skill and physical attributes are apparent, but he doesn't seem like a first round quality guy based on prospects I've seen come through the Q the past half decade or so I've been a STH. To be fair to him his supporting cast is absolutely putrid, but I'd still say he's likely a 2nd or 3rd rounder

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Potenitally 5 Russian guys playing for the Titan this year (amount of guys used in the preseason).

Last edited:

whlscowt

Potenitally 5 Russian guys playing for the Titan this year (amount of guys used in the preseason).

Edit: I didn't realize so many of those kids played midget in Canada--and that explains how Timchenko is even there despite the import goalie ban. That's crazy. They have a good pipeline it seems. I think a bunch have the same agent too.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I don't know if he lost his drive after going undrafted but I expected alot more from him. Only 1 g and 6 pts in 12 games so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad