Prospect Info: LW Viktor Neuchev -- Taken 74th overall in 2022

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Looks like he's staying in the area which I think is a great idea.

Screenshot_20230820_230142_Instagram.jpg

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

16. Viktor Neuchev, LW

10/25/2003 | 6-foot-2 | 165 pounds | Shoots left

Drafted: No. 74 in 2022
Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: Below NHL average
Puck skills: Above NHL average
Hockey sense: Below NHL average
Compete: NHL average
Shot: Above NHL average

Analysis: Neuchev played up in the KHL all season for Avtomobilist in a low-minutes role. He didn’t get to show his full potential doing so, but when he’s played junior hockey he looks like a legitimate prospect. He’s a good-sized winger with break-a-shift-open type of hands and a big shot that can score from distance. On his best shift, he can create a goal out of nothing. Neuchev’s shifts have some inconsistencies though, with some perimeter or selfish play at times and he’s not a great skater. I think the tools are good enough to get NHL games, with a chance to be a legitimate middle-six wing if he hits.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Loosely his surname translates as" Don't want to learn".
I translated the word China by its sounds into 吃哪
My Chinese friend said that sounds like you want someone to eat you and you are asking someone which part of your body they want to eat. And not to make that joke in China or I might disappear.

Direct translation is not always the way :)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sounds like he is concussed from what Appert said in the post-game and what Duff mentioned in today's Sabres Live broadcast. I don't have a clip of the hit but he got one in the head.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It seems like Nuke has turned a corner since around New Years, with five goals and 7 (potentially 8 if they get tonight's 6th goal correct on the scoresheet) assists in his last 12 games played since Dec. 29th.

Edit - they finally fixed the scoring, so that assist is now his and he's got his 4th multipoint game in that span. He gets inside, he's a bit chippy with his stick, but the puck skills are really interesting, as is his willingness to get in around the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad