LW Victor Eklund - Djurgårdens IF J18, SWE JRs (2025 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good player. As long as he grows a little, I think he'll be a first round pick down the road in 2025.

I like his offensive skills the second most from the Swedish WHC17 team after Zetterberg. Very quick decisions, skilled, can pass, shoot, pretty good skater.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Good player. As long as he grows a little, I think he'll be a first round pick down the road in 2025.

I like his offensive skills the second most from the Swedish WHC17 team after Zetterberg. Very quick decisions, skilled, can pass, shoot, pretty good skater.
i think that Fernstrom and Zetterverg are the two best players from this age group honestly.

Eklund is too small and I don’t like his skating.

His name will get him picked, probably high but I just don‘t see a first round pick here.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Victor Eklund. How does he compare to his brother William at the same age?
At the same age, scoring wise, they are on the same level. William saw monster development during his U18 season, however, and emerged as one of the top 02’s.

I don’t see the same level of finesse/hockey sense in Victor. In fact, from what I have seen thus far…he looks more like an energy player or someone that complements a line…rather than driving it.

When it comes to his agility, play along the boards, twisting and turning etc…he is very similar to William.

So, remains to be seen if he has the same kind kind of progress as his brother. Currently, I wouldn’t say there is too much to get excited about. His teammate and often linemate in the past, Linus Eriksson, looks more interesting.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Comparing William and Victor. It is scary how similar their careers/scoring was at age 16 and 17. Interesting to see if Victor has the same kind of breakout as his brother at age 18, next season.

Attachments

• screenshot 2024-04-23 kl. 12.17.51.png
    screenshot 2024-04-23 kl. 12.17.51.png
    416.6 KB · Views: 2

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Kazakhstan isn't high level competition, but Baby Eklund is running the show out there. Strong on the puck, high level awareness and playmaking.

A goal and a couple of primary assists so far. Been fun to watch.

I like that he turns his head and look back before making the pass instead of just passing and hoping someone's there.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Kazakhstan isn't high level competition, but Baby Eklund is running the show out there. Strong on the puck, high level awareness and playmaking.

A goal and a couple of primary assists so far. Been fun to watch.

That’s a carbon copy of what Sharks fans have seen of William multiple times this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad