LW Tyler Motte (2013, 121st, CHI)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I didn't find a thread on this kid so I figured lets talk about a player who is not averaging a point a game, but a GOAL PER GAME for Michigan in the NCAA!

27 GAMES = 27 GOALS! Unreal!

A few years back I had Motte as one of the top 1995 born players in all of North America, but he fell into that USNDP log jam and flew under the radar.

Well things have changed as the 5'9 200lb LW has destroyed NCAA hockey the past year plus and is now being looked at as a top 6 forward for the Hawks in two years. Yes it helps to be playing with Connor and Compher, but the CCM line is not run by a single player but all three kids are showcasing their own talents and earning the rewards they are receiving.

Motte looks to be one of the best players in the nation and the sky is the limit for how high he reaches very soon. Hawks keep finding ways to reload and Schmaltz, Hayden, Motte, and Hartman are all on the way to reinforce the future.

More talk is needed for this young man.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Wondering when someone was going give him a thread. Goal per game, 3 zone player. CCM line is dominating NCAA D1. Good job.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hard working player, seems to elevate his level when playing with skill. He was merely _ok_ until Connor joined him and Compher on the top line. A little worried about his PPG explosion this year (.86 in 14-15, 1.57 in 15-16), and I wonder how much of that is because of Connor. Still a decent depth prospect.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Will his offense translate at the next level?

Do the Hawks view him as a key prospect going forward or as a potential trade chip to add to one of their Stanley Cup runs?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Motte forgoes his senior year at Michigan and signs his ELC with Chicago:
The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have agreed to terms with forward Tyler Motte on a three-year contract, which begins at the start of the 2016-17 season.

Motte, 21, registered a collegiate career-high 56 points (32G, 24A) in 38 games this season with the University of Michigan during his junior year; he ranked second in the Big Ten in goals, ranked third on the team in points, and paced the club with 165 shots on goal and 70 blocked shots. The Port Huron, Mich., native recorded a 12-game goal streak (17G, 11A) from Dec. 30-Feb. 19 and a 16-game point streak (18G, 14A) from Dec. 30-March 6.

Motte, who was selected by Chicago in the fourth round (121st overall) of the 2013 National Hockey League Draft, was named one of the top 10 finalists for the 2016 Hobey Baker Memorial Award. He was also named a 2015-16 All-Big Ten First Team selection and honored as the Hockey Commissioners' Association National Division I Player of the Month in January after posting 18 points (10G, 8A) in six games. He has collected 105 points (50G, 55A) in 107 career games with the Wolverines. Motte posted seven points (5G, 2A) en route to a silver medal with Team USA at the 2013 U18 World Championship and tallied one assist in five games with Team USA at the 2015 U20 World Championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad