LW Tyler Bertuzzi (2013, 58th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I've seen a number of his fights. Nothing special in the fighting department but he takes on much bigger opponents. You gotta love the name. T. Bertuzzi lol

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Todd is his uncle.

If he grows a few more inches he could be a decent prospect.

Spot on. As someone who has seen him play multiple times in his OHL draft year, and then again a few times so far this OHL season i'd love to throw in my two cents.

Tyler Bertuzzi is without a doubt one of the biggest spark plugs in the OHL despite only being 16 years old. He plays with an amazing drive to his game and definitely does not let his stature limit him. He loves to throw his weight around and to drop the gloves.

I do believe his offensive skills will come around at the OHL level. In midget his vision and passing skills were top notch, and he has shown flashes of them in my limited OHL viewings of him.

If he can grow to 5'11 or even 5'10" I really think he could be a future NHL fan favorite in a bottom 6 role for a team. He plays with a ton of nasty, loves to get involved physically while trying to take his opponents off their game. It should not be hard for him to grow since he still looks like he is 12 years old.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Spot on. As someone who has seen him play multiple times in his OHL draft year, and then again a few times so far this OHL season i'd love to throw in my two cents.

Tyler Bertuzzi is without a doubt one of the biggest spark plugs in the OHL despite only being 16 years old. He plays with an amazing drive to his game and definitely does not let his stature limit him. He loves to throw his weight around and to drop the gloves.

I do believe his offensive skills will come around at the OHL level. In midget his vision and passing skills were top notch, and he has shown flashes of them in my limited OHL viewings of him.

If he can grow to 5'11 or even 5'10" I really think he could be a future NHL fan favorite in a bottom 6 role for a team. He plays with a ton of nasty, loves to get involved physically while trying to take his opponents off their game. It should not be hard for him to grow since he still looks like he is 12 years old.
Yeah hes got some pretty big guys in his family.

Well I can only think of one, but hes 6'3 240 or something like that

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

hopefully he won't as nasty as his uncle.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
That name makes me think of EHM2007's regens. They have a finite pool of names in the database, so you end up with some pretty funny combinations in the future. I would draft Joakim Iginla and Tyler Bertuzzi 1-2.

May 31, 2006
That name makes me think of EHM2007's regens. They have a finite pool of names in the database, so you end up with some pretty funny combinations in the future. I would draft Joakim Iginla and Tyler Bertuzzi 1-2.

:laugh: So true.

I once got a guy named Archie Staal.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009

So sour you can't buy that game anymore.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
I have watched him play a few times this season. He definitely plays a lot bigger then his size would indicate. Real hard working, spark plug type of kid. It will be interesting to see his development as far as size/offence goes and he ages.

I know some people that work for the Guelph Storm (Tyler plays on the same junior team that Todd did) and they say he is an insanely nice kid off the ice too.

djdan6215

Feb 26, 2012
tyler bertuzzi (guelph strom ohl)

Haven't heard anybody talk about these kids anybody have information ???

future in the nhl or not ?
fighter ? power forward ?

son of todd bertuzzi or not ?

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
Last edited:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Nothing impressive offensively. Not really a huge physical threat yet.

doubt he'll be drafted.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Small, feisty, shift disturber, borderline dirty. Some decent vision and passing ability. Fearless energy type with a fantastic motor, plays way bigger than his size, will do anything to help his team win.

Unfortunately, he has virtually no offensive upside and isn't anything to write home about defensively. Those, coupled with his size, I can't see him making the NHL. I doubt he'll be drafted, and if he is he'd have to have an insane transformation to his offensive game to have any real shot.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
I didn't think he'd get drafted. He's the kind of player that there are dozens of available as undrafted free agents. Slightly above the skill level of your average goon, but I don't think he has any NHL potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad