LW - Tobias Tomik - HK Dukla Trencin, Slovakia U20 (2026 Draft)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
First time watching this youngster today, and was really impressed. 13 year old in Slovak U18 league has 12 goals in 12 games and 15 points overall. This kid is a pure goal scorer who shoots the puck a ton. Could be one to watch.

Sure sounds like he needs a higher challenge like U20. Impressive production at that age

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
It is realistic that together with other 07's he will get a chance in the National Team u16 in the spring. Our 06's are weaker and they will have to be regularly supplemented by younger players in the future. I only saw some of his matches, but the boy really has a talent for shooting goals. Our country will need a world-class sniper, maybe Tomik will be him. But it is still very early to make similar statements. But it is good to know that the year of birth 2007 may be another excellent year for Slovakia.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
It is realistic that together with other 07's he will get a chance in the National Team u16 in the spring. Our 06's are weaker and they will have to be regularly supplemented by younger players in the future. I only saw some of his matches, but the boy really has a talent for shooting goals. Our country will need a world-class sniper, maybe Tomik will be him. But it is still very early to make similar statements. But it is good to know that the year of birth 2007 may be another excellent year for Slovakia.
Year 2007 looks promising: Chovan, Nemec, Capos, Tomik, Svrcek, Salon, Ziak, Kriska,Misak, Radivojevic, Chrenko, Kimak... these are the names I have on my list to watch for the future.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Isnt there some age limit also for U16 National team?

I remember, that Marco Rossi played in game vs Slovakia U16 as a 13 years old boy. And he scored a goal.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Year 2007 looks promising: Chovan, Nemec, Capos, Tomik, Svrcek, Salon, Ziak, Kriska,Misak, Radivojevic, Chrenko, Kimak... these are the names I have on my list to watch for the future.

Yeah, it looks pretty good so far. It will be interesting to follow their progress year after year, but today 07 birthyear looks at least a level better than 06.

Isnt there some age limit also for U16 National team?

I remember, that Marco Rossi played in game vs Slovakia U16 as a 13 years old boy. And he scored a goal.

I don't think so. They could have called some 07 for the next event, but coaches wants to see 06's in action first.

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020

Cunderlik, Misiak... Too early, but it really feels like an amazing class. Perhaps along the lines of 2004/05.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
He has better stats in U18 than Slaf had at this age. It is huge pitty that youth leagues are stopped in Slovakia now, this is actually disaster for our young players and our future..

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
In Slovakia, the U18 and U16 leagues were canceled and the U17 league was formed. It would be a step backwards for Tomik if he played "only" U17. I hope that if he does not go abroad, he will be in the U18 project and will therefore play in the lower men's Slovak league and the U20 league.

Reactions: 999

Apr 29, 2022
In Slovakia, the U18 and U16 leagues were canceled and the U17 league was formed. It would be a step backwards for Tomik if he played "only" U17. I hope that if he does not go abroad, he will be in the U18 project and will therefore play in the lower men's Slovak league and the U20

Last edited:

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
After the average start of the season in the U17 league, he played the first 2 games in the U20 league and finally looked better and got 3 assists. I hope he will play more in the U20 league, the U17 league has really weaker quality.

Tomas Chrenko (another late 2007, who has no thread on this forum yet) starts to play also in U20 league. Hopefully, soon some club will take out Adam Nemec and it will be interesting to watch these 3 late 2007.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I think he could be in a top 9 role at the HGC. But who knows how 2006 borns have impressed coaches in recent camp but I don’t see many who are way way better than him that he cannot be taken.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
According to Peter Vretenicka he was the youngest Slovak player in history to score and get a point in a HGC he was also the second youngest player to score a goal in HGC after Russian player Michail Grigorenko.

15 years 7 months old eligible for 2026 draft

Looks to be pure goal scorer I don't think he even thinks for a second about passing to someone else.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad