LW Tim Bozon - Kamloops Blazers, WHL (2012, 64th overall, Montreal)

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Had my first look at him tonight. Listed at 6'1, but really doesn't seem that big as he has a great motor and always has his feet moving.

Also mixed it up and dropped the gloves in the third period in the game, showing he has some edge to his game.

Averaging a point per game so far in his WHL career after being the 27th overall pick in the 2011 CHL import draft by Kamloops this past summer.

Is actually a French player, but has spent most of his teenage life playing in Switzerland.

It's a bit of a down crop in regards to forwards for the WHL this year and I think he could continue to build on his early success and be in contention to be the first WHL forward drafted in 2012. To me, I think the three big names out west up front are Bozon, Colton Sissons and Troy Bourke.

Anyone else have any viewings of him? I can't wait to sit down and watch him a bit more and see him live in the near future.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Watched hin against Spokane a few weeks ago. Had no idea of who he was. Seemed like a nice north south type player. Did not notice much skill from him, it was the only time I saw him though.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Had my first look at him tonight. Listed at 6'1, but really doesn't seem that big as he has a great motor and always has his feet moving.

Also mixed it up and dropped the gloves in the third period in the game, showing he has some edge to his game.

Averaging a point per game so far in his WHL career after being the 27th overall pick in the 2011 CHL import draft by Kamloops this past summer.

Is actually a French player, but has spent most of his teenage life playing in Switzerland.

It's a bit of a down crop in regards to forwards for the WHL this year and I think he could continue to build on his early success and be in contention to be the first WHL forward drafted in 2012. To me, I think the three big names out west up front are Bozon, Colton Sissons and Troy Bourke.

Anyone else have any viewings of him? I can't wait to sit down and watch him a bit more and see him live in the near future.

Was not impressed when I saw him in Portland. Remarked to myself its probably easier to find the Higgs Boson than find Tim Bozon in the defensive zone. He is a very good skater with a nice fluid stride but he didn't seem to work very hard. He also was knocked off the puck very easily. He's got potential thats for sure but i'd rather have a player like Ryan Olsen (who did impress me when he was here in town) who has a higher likelihood of being productive in some capacity in the NHL. Seems like my viewing was quite different than yours so maybe he was just having an off night. Being in the BC division i'll have plenty of chances to see him.

Haven't had a chance to see Bourke yet but he's definitely on my watch list. The numbers Coda Gordon is putting up on THAT swift current team is hard to ignore. Should be able to see him on Nov 27th. Lots of diamonds in the rough as far as forwards go in the WHL this year. Nobody really screams "sure thing" and given the quality of defenseman its easy to be overshadowed.

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
Was not impressed when I saw him in Portland. Remarked to myself its probably easier to find the Higgs Boson than find Tim Bozon in the defensive zone. He is a very good skater with a nice fluid stride but he didn't seem to work very hard. He also was knocked off the puck very easily. He's got potential thats for sure but i'd rather have a player like Ryan Olsen (who did impress me when he was here in town) who has a higher likelihood of being productive in some capacity in the NHL. Seems like my viewing was quite different than yours so maybe he was just having an off night. Being in the BC division i'll have plenty of chances to see him.

Haven't had a chance to see Bourke yet but he's definitely on my watch list. The numbers Coda Gordon is putting up on THAT swift current team is hard to ignore. Should be able to see him on Nov 27th. Lots of diamonds in the rough as far as forwards go in the WHL this year. Nobody really screams "sure thing" and given the quality of defenseman its easy to be overshadowed.

Thanks for the update. Myself I have only seen him once as well in a game earlier in the year as well and he didn't stand out at all. Kamloops does have a pretty deep team at forward this year, so its pretty easy for them to have any one of a number of players to step up at any given time. He's a player that I will definitely keep an eye on this year, but in a scheduling quirk, Kamloops does not visit Edmonton this year. That's truly odd, all the American teams come here this year but not Kamloops?

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
He is a legit 6'1"
Speaks 4 languages.
Has lived in Swiss, France, US, Canada....
His father played for St Louis in the NHL.
I have seen everyone of his regular season games this year and a few exhibition games.
Very good passer, very good defensivly.
Also can play with an edge....throw an elbow, knee etc.

Very good player.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Thanks for the update. Myself I have only seen him once as well in a game earlier in the year as well and he didn't stand out at all. Kamloops does have a pretty deep team at forward this year, so its pretty easy for them to have any one of a number of players to step up at any given time. He's a player that I will definitely keep an eye on this year, but in a scheduling quirk, Kamloops does not visit Edmonton this year. That's truly odd, all the American teams come here this year but not Kamloops?

1. Kamloops is not an American team.

2. They normally do rotations. As far as the East division goes, the US division came through here last year....but this year the East Division teams go on the road to the states. Last year, the East Division teams travelled to BC, this year the BC teams travel to the East Division.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I would love to see Edmonton grab him with our 2nd round pick. Oilers love players with wheels. Bozon would be a great pickup. Him and Paajarvi as potential 2nd line wingers for us would be a hell of a combo to keep up with.

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Had a Gordie Howe hat trick last night I believe.

Really noticeable out there. Definitely looks smaller than 6'1

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Would like if we use a 2nd on him.

He's also got some ties to the organization, as well. Gagliardi owns both the Blazers and Stars.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
If he was available in the 2nd, I would jump all over it.

I think he has a ton of potential and I can definitely foresee a huge jump in the numbers for him next year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I can't understand why there isn't more hype.

I noticed he had 36 goals and no hype so I figured he was an over-ager, super tiny, super slow, or some combination of those things.

Nope. He's an import rookie, in his first draft year, he's over six feet tall, and has good mobility. He has 36 goals in the WHL.

Usually that get's you top fifteen talk. Instead he's only talked about after twenty five or thirty.

What gives?

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
All you had to do was see him once or twice and you would see the combination of talent and hockey sense.
Most "scouts" did not pay him any attention until they saw the stats build.....a poor way to scout.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
All you had to do was see him once or twice and you would see the combination of talent and hockey sense.
Most "scouts" did not pay him any attention until they saw the stats build.....a poor way to scout.

Hope you don't mean me!

As you can see from my original post, I didn't have a chance to see him for the first time until late October.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad