Speculation: LW targets

which UFA LW should the Leafs target in free agency?

• Total voters

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Sign Tatar. He's very good. Call it a day after that.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Tatar - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Engvall - Mikeyev
Simmonds - Brooks - Spezza

Sorry but who the f*** is Bunting and why is he playing with Matthews/Marner

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bunting is our best LW... let that sink in.

Looks like Ritchie, Tatar and Perrault are the best of what is left for LW?

Johansson is also a capable winger, if we're putting out names.

Technically Kerfoot is still around, he was really good in that role next to Tavares. Robertson has a good shot to surprise and we all know his potential.

But yes, Bunting so far is the natural LW.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

he's the best we have now

Bonting, Robertson, Kerfoot, Engvall will probably be the left side, from first line to fourth line.

Hopefully Bunting and Robertson are ready for top six winger roles. Need Robertson to have a Calder winning year. And for Bunting to reinvent himself.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

The guy they just signed for 9ook. Went on a shooting heater and scored 10 goals in 20 games.

He's actually a pretty solid forward though. Gets a lot of chances in the dirty areas. If you have Matthews and Marner at their respective price points, you're going to have to run a cheap forward next to them. That's just how it is now.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Bunting is our best LW... let that sink in.

Looks like Ritchie, Tatar and Perrault are the best of what is left for LW?
Imagine a line of Tatar - Matthews - Marner? Could it be any softer? Lol.

That line certainly wouldn't play a dump and chase game

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Imagine a line of Tatar - Matthews - Marner? Could it be any softer? Lol.

That line certainly wouldn't play a dump and chase game

You might aswell put Roberson with them at that point. It worked for Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield though, but we aren't getting a Wendel Clark to toughen Matthews and Marners line. You might aswell try someone who is a scoring threat to create more space for them. I highly doubt we're gonna find them a better puck hound then Hyman was.

Reactions: Carltons Cup

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Sign one or all of Nick Ritchie,Mark Jankowshi and Casey Cizikas andDubas is onto something. Real bottom six types. Not these g damn princesses he’s signed. I want both of these guys and Then we are capable of living in the trenches

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Tomas Tatar would be a massive boost to our LW depth.

Tatar Matthews Maraner

Bunting Tavares Nylander

Robertson Kerfoot Mikyehev

Spezza Kamp Simmonds.

That's not perfect but it would be pretty good especially if bunting proves last year was real and if he doesn't it's 950K who cares?

I don't actually think the forward group is that far away a piece on LW and for Bunting to prove last year was real

The bottom 6 needs some work but there are parts to it I like, SSpecifically the 4th line

I would like to see Macarus Johansson or Nick Ritchie come in to boost that

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Let’s be honest here guys…we don’t need our pick ups to be world beaters in terms of scoring, we just need them to be consistent and play good 200ft games we already have the horses for scoring and thus is honesty bringing a defensive conscience to our forward group and maybe a little snarl (truculence doesn’t need to be overemphasized) McGinn would be nice goodrow would be nice Tatar I don’t know where you fit him outside of the 3rd line without making the other two lines extremely soft as Tatar has the same aversion to physicality as our top guys outside of AM who I think is going to develop into a Kopitaresque two way forward with a better shot

Reactions: Dragao6

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Have been a fan of Schwartz for a while. His offensive output is pretty streaky but his overall effort is always there and for a smaller guy he’s not afraid to go into dirty areas.

What kind of contract do you think he’d get this off-season?

He’s already in Seattle isn’t he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad