56gp 20g 27a 47pt 20pims
2014 Draft

1355074199981_ORIGINAL.jpg

any info?

Last edited:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
He's got nice skills, great hands in particular and pretty good skating. I'd like to see him gain some strength and perhaps try and use his teammates a bit more rather than always trying to make the nifty play to beat the defense himself. I could see him sneak into the latter half of the 1st round with his skills but I'd look for some improvement in those areas if he's to go in the top half.

americanscout09

Oct 11, 2012
He's got nice skills, great hands in particular and pretty good skating. I'd like to see him gain some strength and perhaps try and use his teammates a bit more rather than always trying to make the nifty play to beat the defense himself. I could see him sneak into the latter half of the 1st round with his skills but I'd look for some improvement in those areas if he's to go in the top half.

Milano uses his teammates more than enough in my opinion. He lead his team in assists (27).
I 100% agree with you that he should definitely try to make the simple play more often instead of trying to dipsy doodle around defenders.

Last edited:

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013

I agree with this assessment. He's a slick player but he needs to utilize his team mates more often.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
wasn't a huge fan of his the past few years but he has grown on me. he definitely has skill just needs to use it more wisely. I have him ranked higher than Macinnis now which is a nice sign of his overall skill. he could be a first round pick, but with many US kids he needs to not fade away down the stretch.

americanscout09

Oct 11, 2012
wasn't a huge fan of his the past few years but he has grown on me. he definitely has skill just needs to use it more wisely. I have him ranked higher than Macinnis now which is a nice sign of his overall skill. he could be a first round pick, but with many US kids he needs to not fade away down the stretch.

Would you mind showing your rankings?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
his goal celebration is awesome.....When he scores the goalie gets on his knees and kisses sonnys glove

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
We don't see much high end hockey in Cleveland but I was lucky enough to see Milano play for the Cleveland Barons U16 - not sure how old he was but it was mm.

He outshined Magyar on that team, went hard every shift and was great with the puck.

I'd love to see a kid who played locally make it big time... I guess he already has.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We don't see much high end hockey in Cleveland but I was lucky enough to see Milano play for the Cleveland Barons U16 - not sure how old he was but it was mm.

He outshined Magyar on that team, went hard every shift and was great with the puck.

I'd love to see a kid who played locally make it big time... I guess he already has.

I actually liked Magyar more at that time playing for Cleveland....shows you exactly what I know!!! :laugh:

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
IMO this past years U17 NTDP was weaker than they have been in the last few years. Milano didn't have a ton to work with depending how the lines played out. He was a bright spot on that team this past year and did well considering the circumstances. He is skilled enough and does distribute the puck when he is with the right guys. Whenever a team isn't very strong overall you see dissension and that is exactly what happened to that NTDP team. None of that was Milano's fault he always was talented enough to be on that team.

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
The photo at the top of the thread is not Milano. It's his teammate Ryan Hitchcock (another Long Islander).

[MOD EDIT: photo edited; number 48 is Milano]

Last edited by a moderator:

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Being reported he has decommitted from Notre Same and will now attend Boston College in the fall.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Wow that's a huge loss and a big pickup. Are those from good sources?

Ya it's being reported by the BC hockey blog, who speaks with the coaches regularly and doesn't report things until he gets confirmation. Apparently it had been rumored for a bit but is now confirmed.

SnipShow

Mar 12, 2009
U.S.A.
Still any chance he sways to Plymouth? I feel that draft positioning may have an impact. He is a little smaller and the college route may suit him better than the OHL

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Still any chance he sways to Plymouth? I feel that draft positioning may have an impact. He is a little smaller and the college route may suit him better than the OHL

Who knows really. I would say he probably wouldnt commit to BC if that was in the back of his mind but honestly the draft has a way of shaking things up. BC usually only offers if its a hard commit this late in the game and has a pretty good track record of keeping kids in their commitment but even they have lost a few along the way like Shea and Kenny Ryan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad