LW Simon Stransky - Prince Albert Raiders, WHL (2016 undrafted)

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
This guy has been off to a great start this season. 5 points in 3 games. Absolutely sick hands and a great passer. He was every where tonight against the Giants, should had 3 or 4 points. Reminds me a bit of Pat Kane

I will definitely be following him closely this year. Anyone else have any first impressions?

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Thats awesome to hear as a Czech fan. I heard once from a czech scout on this website, (about a year ago), that in 1 year he will be better then fellow Czech prospects Michael Spacek and Filip Chlapik.
So I guess im not surprised that he is doing really well. Hopefully he can keep it up!
Updates are much appreciated :)

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
3 assist so far tonight going into the third. His line is dominant night in and night out early in the season and he's been making things happen. He has a great eye for finding passing lanes. Not super quick but very elusive at this level. Definitely an early favorite of mine

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Watched part of the game tonight and his vision really sets him apart. He sees the play really well.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
1+2 tonight. 19 points in 12 games. Anyone else watching him?

He is very dangerous in one on one situations, and he makes great passes. He has a quick release too but I wouldn't say his shot is very hard. One drawback I see is his overall speed. Doesn't have the top end speed needed to play at the next level yet. He's very smart with and without the puck though.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
1+2 tonight. 19 points in 12 games. Anyone else watching him?

He is very dangerous in one on one situations, and he makes great passes. He has a quick release too but I wouldn't say his shot is very hard. One drawback I see is his overall speed. Doesn't have the top end speed needed to play at the next level yet. He's very smart with and without the puck though.

Ya he has been solid to start the year. Apart from his skating another thing he needs to improve is his strength. He isn't overly strong on the puck from what I've seen and shot would be harder as well. Doubt he'll be a 1st rounder but early to mid 2nd is where I'd be comfortable taking him.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Ya he has been solid to start the year. Apart from his skating another thing he needs to improve is his strength. He isn't overly strong on the puck from what I've seen and shot would be harder as well. Doubt he'll be a 1st rounder but early to mid 2nd is where I'd be comfortable taking him.

imo there is no way this guy is not a 1st round pick....he is WAYYYYY too skilled not to take in the 1st round. Great hockey sense, amazing hands and playmaking. His strength is no problem to improve he has the size to put more size on. This guy IMO is going to be an a great player at the next level.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
imo there is no way this guy is not a 1st round pick....he is WAYYYYY too skilled not to take in the 1st round. Great hockey sense, amazing hands and playmaking. His strength is no problem to improve he has the size to put more size on. This guy IMO is going to be an a great player at the next level.

What makes you so certain if his skating is a weakness?

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

Because skating can be worked on. This sounds a lot like the Horvat situation, smart player who's dangerous but his skating is pretty iffy. Look at Bo today, skating is amongst his greatest strengths

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
there are more skills than just skating, skating is a big skill to have but hockey sense, creativity and ability to make others better can not be taught or worked on, skating can be....he might never be the best skater but he can learn to improve it and like he is now he will adapt to playing with the skills and limitations he has like all other players do....

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
I definitely see first rd potential in him. First time I saw him it was clear he was smarter and more skilled than most players at this level, wonderful hands.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Still producing above a PPG clip. I seem to be one of the few people following this kid. You can see the skill, he can put the puck through traffic right onto your tape. He just doesn't play at a pro speed yet. Definitely a very interesting prospect, especially once an NHL team gets their hands on him.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I'm a big fan of the guy. He can really do it all. He's got a good shot, his passing skills are impressive,be sees the ice well.
Though I'm far from a scout and I'm not good at analysing talent lol.

Next home raider game I'll be sure to spend more attention to him. If I remember because the raiders did just acquire a buddy of mine lol.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Very skilled and elusive. He always seems to find open space and can make plays at a high level.

Skating and compete need work. I'd have him rated in the 3rd round.

Babula

May 31, 2012
wonder, if any czech player has a chance to go over him at the draft 16...

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Watched him tonight. He was really good. He's got great moves and hands. He set up lots of chances. Didn't manage to convert getting only 1 assist on an empty net goal but that doesn't accurately represent how well he played.

He did have some turnovers in the offensive zone but that's about all I can detract from his game.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Had an assist tonight and a part of the game where he controlled the puck and play beautiful. Though the part that most will remember would be his brutal turnover in his own zone in overtime. Tried to do a no look drop pass but his teammate was skating away. Cut that out and it's a good game.

whlscowt

Had an assist tonight and a part of the game where he controlled the puck and play beautiful. Though the part that most will remember would be his brutal turnover in his own zone in overtime. Tried to do a no look drop pass but his teammate was skating away. Cut that out and it's a good game.

You basically summed up his game. He tries to go for the flash way too often for his actual skillset, and he has some big consistency troubles. 1 out 10 times it works, and it's highlight worthy, but the other 9 times leads to a sloppy play and usually a turnover.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He has good NHL potential with smart coaching and improved physical strength.

I'd like the Devils to consider him with one of their 3rd round picks.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
He has good NHL potential with smart coaching and improved physical strength.

I'd like the Devils to consider him with one of their 3rd round picks.

I thought he was projected to go as high as early 1st round? Sounds like a long fall if he's still there in the 3rd.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Probably a 4th round type.

Started the year on fire in October but his production stagnated the rest of the way, which is especially concerning as he's an older 1997-born player. Not a great WJC either. Also has the dreaded slow/small combination, although he does look thicker to me than his listed weight of 169.

Does have great vision and moments of sublime skill, but is a very incomplete player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad