LW Sergei Skvortsov - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, Russia jrs (2027 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Good size already at his age. Looks like a man among boys out there, he is just bigger, faster, smarter and stronger than everyone. Looked poised in the offensive end, was never really chasing the puck - he was putting himself into positions to make a play. Very smart player already, he was even directing traffic in the offensive zone at one point. He also tried a Michigan goal to no avail. Wasn’t going full speed unless he had a chance at a breakaway or an odd man rush. I though he wasn’t a great skater at first but honestly he was playing down to the competition in this game and conserving energy till he had a chance. He is a great skater, very powerful strides with fantastic lateral movement. When he decided to go full speed, no one could catch him. Very high hockey IQ, great skater, good size, great shot. A kid to look out for in the future.

IWillMakeTheNHL

May 13, 2023
Listed as a “notable prospect” for 2027 on elite prospects along with Scantlebury Joseph DuPont and Jacobson. Anyone know anything about him?

• Wow
Reactions: H3ckt1k

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Skvortsov demonstrates his characteristic “runs” towards the goal in the playoff games (08). His team is fighting to reach the finals against the strong "Salavat Yulaev".

Last edited:

czech

Feb 23, 2009
He probably relates somehow to Alexander Skvortsov at eliteprospects.com

Both are from the same city and system.
By age, he might just be a grandson. But unlikely, more likely a lastnamesake. As far as I know, Alexander Skvortsov has two daughters, and they probably changed their last name when they got married, and accordingly, the grandchildren of the legendary USSR national team player should have a different last name.
In addition, Alexander was born in Nizhny Novgorod itself, and Sergei in a small town in the Nizhny Novgorod region.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
This kid could be the first potential number one pick from Russia in ages? Very impressive.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Is he the best prospect (talent wise) since kuznetsov and perhaps Michkov? People tend to forget about how good Kuz actually was. Panarin and others were nothing in comparison.
I'm not mentioning Ovie nor Malkin because they are born before the 90's and very much reached their potential while I do believe Kuz could've been something more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad