LW/RW Tim Gettinger - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL (2016, 141st, NYR)

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Big guy is coming. Need more information about this guy.

6'6/203 lbs - looks like a beast. Can he use his size?
17G + 22A in 60 GP - what about his offensive production?
18 y.o., second season in OHL, but already alternative captain. What about his leadership?

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Heating up last 3 games; 3-4-4-8. Interesting production for a 6'6 forward, seems like a great value pick, I was surprised he fell in the 5th round. I remember McCarron struggling to produce in the OHL the season after his draft year (Nevertheless, McCarron is such an imposing player that he is still panning out to be a great middle6 F at the NHL level).

For anyone interested, I find no highlights of him on Youtube, but there are some decent ones on Vimeo. Here is the link: https://vimeo.com/157845029

Does anyone seen him play this season? How is his skating and compete level?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He had a poor start to the season, but has done well since.

I haven't watched him play since the prospect camp, but he's a big winger with a good shot, good skill, good skating for such a taller player, good enough playmaking, hands and hockey sense. He's also good defensively.

Its looking like a good pick by us.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Good start to the season for Gettinger, progressing very well, i particularily like his shot generation, up from 3.29 SOG/GP last season to 4.13 SOG/GP this season, i think he's breaking 40 goals this season if he stays healthy.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Called up to the NHL team.

Quick summary of his career the last few seasons:

Offensive numbers improved every year in the OHL. His last season he was the SSM captain and averaged over 1PPG. Wasn’t that far away from making the US WJC team last season either.

More of a bottom six prospect, but he’s making a case for being a middle six prospect. Enough skill, good defensively and along the boards. Huge player at 6’6, but doesn’t skate badly.

Most probably thought of him as a guy who had a chance to make it as a bottom six wing after 2-3 AHL seasons, but he was great in NHL training camp. Nearly made the team. He’s started well in the AHL, so this call up is deserved.

Reactions: AmericanDream

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Called up to the NHL team.

Quick summary of his career the last few seasons:

Offensive numbers improved every year in the OHL. His last season he was the SSM captain and averaged over 1PPG. Wasn’t that far away from making the US WJC team last season either.

More of a bottom six prospect, but he’s making a case for being a middle six prospect. Enough skill, good defensively and along the boards. Huge player at 6’6, but doesn’t skate badly.

Most probably thought of him as a guy who had a chance to make it as a bottom six wing after 2-3 AHL seasons, but he was great in NHL training camp. Nearly made the team. He’s started well in the AHL, so this call up is deserved.

Awesome. Who is he filling in for?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
congrats kid - always underappreciated on here, hopefully he can show enough while up here to garner more looks down the road..no reason he can at worse be a Jimmy Hayes player that can play 300 plus NHL games.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I really never thought he’d make it to the NHL but he’s developed pretty well. He’s 6’6, has a nice shot, and can cycle/forecheck really well. Good start in the AHL too, hopefully he can end up a good bottom 6er, we need size

Reactions: AmericanDream

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Possibly Zuccarello, he’s had some groin issue that’s been putting him in and out (mostly out) of the line up all month and then McLeod broke his hand the other day

It could be any of that bottom line, there’s some injury we don’t know about or they are just trying to bring up an extra forward.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He should be an adequate 4th line LW for us. He can kill penalties, big body that'll throw some hits, he skates well for a player his size and has some skill. I think he'll be able to cement a spot on the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad