LW/RW Samuel Fagemo (2019, 50th, LAK; claimed by NSH; claimed by LAK)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Love the determination in his game, great shot as well. Hockey sense is a question mark for me.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Love the determination in his game, great shot as well. Hockey sense is a question mark for me.

Same here. Will be interesting to see how he handles the transition to SuperElit next season. I like his game, but hockey IQ definitely looks like a question mark.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
He got picked by Portland in the 2017 CHL Import draft.

Has anyone heard if he will report? There was talk of him maybe coming over in 2018 since the Winterhawks have two imports that are still eligible to play this year.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Doing well for Frolunda lately. 3 goals against Aalborg (a really inferior team) in the CHL last week. That apparently led to a boost in confidence, because he was amongst the best players on the ice the last two games in the SHL in tough away games, both victories for Frolunda.

Reactions: Zaddy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Haven't watched him lately but just looking at his stats he seems to have developed a lot over the summer. Maybe not getting drafted was a wakeup call for him.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Not sure but I think Halifax picked him in the import draft this year. I also think he was invited to Arizona camp.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Not sure but I think Halifax picked him in the import draft this year. I also think he was invited to Arizona camp.
Halifax did so with great interest to bring him over, but he thought that was out of the question atm, he has a year left on his contract and he likes it at Frölunda.

As for the Yotes, he says they were very happy with him, telling him he has good speed, a good shot, and that he generates a lot of opportunities.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I said right after the draft...absolutely ridiculous that he wasn't drafted.

The results just didn't seem to match his talent during his draft year. I couldn't move him out of my top 3 rounds though. I agree with your assessment.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I said right after the draft...absolutely ridiculous that he wasn't drafted.

I could see that coming, everyone knows he can skate and shoot but I don't think people realize how much emphasis scouts put on IQ and hockey sense these days. Fagemo was always a step behind the play last season. He's looking a bit better this year.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Any updates on how this guys doing? I was hoping he was gonna commit to Halifax this year but it didn’t end up happening. I hear he’s undrafted, went to coyotes camp, and is doing very well?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Any updates on how this guys doing? I was hoping he was gonna commit to Halifax this year but it didn’t end up happening. I hear he’s undrafted, went to coyotes camp, and is doing very well?
Well, you can check my earlier reply for the Halifax & Yotes parts.

1-1 today, now at 7 points in 11.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
F03803C2-968F-4BF0-BA28-8E0B547A7805.png

This is pretty awesome. Good for him!

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
From what people whisper he tried to get out of his contract to go to Halifax but the SHL team would not let him... I would imagine he's pretty happy about that with how the season has gone for him, he's looked great. Lock for World Juniors.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
This kid is a sleeper pick, he is playing a very good season for Frolunda as a 18 year old. Needs more hype!

Early projection: mid 2nd rounder
Second in U20 scoring in the SHL, and 1st in the CHL(#2 in U22, but he has a better ppg than the #1 guy).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00