LW/RW Nikolay Goldobin (2014, 27th, SJS; 2017 trade, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2010
He's great. Slow start getting used to NA but he has shown smooth hands, excellent skills and good skating/vision. There will be talk after this draft I'm sure.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
I'm a big fan. After a slow start to the season, he's had two separate 7 game point streaks. He's currently 2nd in OHL rookie scoring.

Goldobin has incredible hands and vision. He's also a really good skater and possesses very good speed. He's really at his best when he's carrying the puck around the net, it's fun to watch. No one can take the puck from him. Goldobin also has great vision, he makes some incredible passes. I've really liked how easily he's meshed with his teammates. Whether it be Latta, Moore, Galchenyuk, or Hottot, he's looked very good with all of them. Very smart player too, he makes very good reads and anticipates the play. He can steal the puck from much bigger opponents and make it look easy. Despite his small frame, he protects the puck well and goes to heavy traffic areas. He's likes to go the net and scores from in tight.

Goldobin always looked slight on the ice, but when I saw him live he looked very, very slight. Plenty of time for him to add weight though. He has a tendency to try and do too much, but lately he's been finding his teammates easier. Another thing is that his decision making is odd at times. His defensive game is pretty weak too, and he needs to improve his acceleration.

Overall, he's a very talented player with incredible puck skills, a ton fun to watch. I don't really see any problems with his game, he's very skilled and a smart player too. He's a definitely a player to keep an eye out for.

Here's a beautiful penalty shot he recently scored (right at the beginning): http://www.sarniasting.com/video/index/id/1352521269

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I'm a big fan. After a slow start to the season, he's had two separate 7 game point streaks. He's currently 2nd in OHL rookie scoring.

Goldobin has incredible hands and vision. He's also a really good skater and possesses very good speed. He's really at his best when he's carrying the puck around the net, it's fun to watch. No one can take the puck from him. Goldobin also has great vision, he makes some incredible passes. I've really liked how easily he's meshed with his teammates. Whether it be Latta, Moore, Galchenyuk, or Hottot, he's looked very good with all of them. Very smart player too, he makes very good reads and anticipates the play. He can steal the puck from much bigger opponents and make it look easy. Despite his small frame, he protects the puck well and goes to heavy traffic areas. He's likes to go the net and scores from in tight.

Goldobin always looked slight on the ice, but when I saw him live he looked very, very slight. Plenty of time for him to add weight though. He has a tendency to try and do too much, but lately he's been finding his teammates easier. Another thing is that his decision making is odd at times. His defensive game is pretty weak too, and he needs to improve his acceleration.

Overall, he's a very talented player with incredible puck skills, a ton fun to watch. I don't really see any problems with his game, he's very skilled and a smart player too. He's a definitely a player to keep an eye out for.

Here's a beautiful penalty shot he recently scored (right at the beginning): http://www.sarniasting.com/video/index/id/1352521269

Nice read, so what seperates him from the Yak? I'm guessing the shot, intensity/explosiveness amongst other things?

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Nice read, so what seperates him from the Yak? I'm guessing the shot, intensity/explosiveness amongst other things?

I knew That was gonna post on this board haha ... From a few viewings i'd say he's just a poors man Yakupov, similar play but less good at it.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
I knew That was gonna post on this board haha ... From a few viewings i'd say he's just a poors man Yakupov, similar play but less good at it.

How'd you guess? :sarcasm:

I'd say you pretty much nailed it. Like pcamp said he's similar, but not as good. I'd like to add on top of what you mentioned is that he doesn't possess that killer instinct that Yakupov has and that he isn't as solidly built as Yakupov at the same age. He's more of a playmaker than Yakupov as well.

Fulcrum

How'd you guess? :sarcasm:

I'd say you pretty much nailed it. Like pcamp said he's similar, but not as good. I'd like to add on top of what you mentioned is that he doesn't possess that killer instinct that Yakupov has and that he isn't as solidly built as Yakupov at the same age. He's more of a playmaker than Yakupov as well.

In other words, he's nothing like Yakupov and is an entirely different player. The only thing he has in common is that they played for the same junior team. looks like it to me.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Scored four goals including the OT winner to end the London Knights win streak at 24. Goldobin looked phenomenal, hard to believe he isn't eligible until 2014.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Scored four goals including the OT winner to end the London Knights win streak at 24. Goldobin looked phenomenal, hard to believe he isn't eligible until 2014.
He is only a few weeks younger than Barkov and MacKinnon though.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Sarnia is the only team as a London fan that I'm nervous about facing in the playoffs. If they add Ceci or Khoklachev (or both) they would be a real Memorial cup threat.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
Nikolay Goldobin (RW) - Sarnia Sting (OHL)

Nikolay Goldobin (RW) 5'11" 165lb DOB: Oct 7, 1995

GP-G-A-P
40-21-18-39

His first year in the OHL. This kid was just named OHL player of the week, 12pts in 5 games (8g 4a)

Basically tell me what you think of the kid. He's in next years draft, barely. Top 10 talent? This was without Galchenyuk in the lineup.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Nikolay Goldobin (RW) 5'11" 165lb DOB: Oct 7, 1995

GP-G-A-P
40-21-18-39

His first year in the OHL. This kid was just named OHL player of the week, 12pts in 5 games (8g 4a)

Basically tell me what you think of the kid. He's in next years draft, barely. Top 10 talent? This was without Galchenyuk in the lineup.

The 95 Russian generation is highly talented, the best generation in quite some time.

He has excellent hands and vision, strong skater with good speed. Very difficult to take the puck off him, still needs to add some weight though.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Top 10 talent is fair enough. He didnt so much spaces this year and dont shine a lot in the scoreboard in the 1st quarter of the year. He could has a lot of points if he could have acces to good line partners. Now its the case and he prooves his talent. You must keep an eye on him of course, every Montreal Fans has one on him. Maybe the next shinkaruk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Check the gola he scored against the knights in Londons 24th straight win if you can find it. I didnt see but the next night he apparently scored one just as sick to end the knights streak

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Check the gola he scored against the knights in Londons 24th straight win if you can find it. I didnt see but the next night he apparently scored one just as sick to end the knights streak

The one to end the streak was incredible! I think he had a hattrick or 4 goals that night to knock off the Knights. Very cool.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's very good, I just wish the coach would play him with Galchenyuk.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
In those 5 games Goldobin-Sarault-Boucher were aslo the best line in the OHL ;)

They'll roll that if Gally stays in Montreal. I'd say Domi-Broadhurst-Griffith and Theoret-Strome-Ritchie are better than the Sarault line without Gally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad