LW/RW Nikita Chibrikov (2021, 50th, WPG)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Our U18 could be scary good this year. I liked the kid a lot playing against men NTs.

JoshTessler

Jun 18, 2020
Just published my Chibrikov report for Smaht Scouting. If you have any questions, reach out.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So, ho should higher at the draft, Chibrikov or Svechkov?

Svechkov is big, center and good defensively. His offensive problems were rather a myth, than a reality.

Chibrikov's frame is pretty average, but he's dynamic, great skater, and overal doesn't have any obvious weaknesses.

So it's probably up to teams' needs. I think, both of them as well as Poltapov will be picked in the first.

Reactions: MNRube

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Russian forward Nikita Chibrikov bounced around the various Russian leagues this year, getting time playing against men in the KHL and VHL, while also having games in the MHL junior league. Play for Russian powerhouse SKA St. Petersburgh, Chibrikov played 16 KHL games scoring one goal and one assist. He added three goals and eight assists for 11 points in 20 VHL games. Playing against other teenagers, Chibrikov scored three goals and six assists for nine points in 11 games. He also added three assists in five playoff games.

Chibrikov really made his mark at the recent IIHF Under-18 World Championship. He put up four goals and nine assists for 13 points in seven tournament games, helping the Russian team to a silver medal. He led the tournament in assists and was named a top-three player on the Russian team. In 2019-20, Chibrikov also appeared at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He scored three goals and five assists for eight points in six games, helping the Russian team to a gold medal. He played for the Russian men’s team at the recent European Hockey Tournament, putting up a goal and three points in three games.

2021 NHL Draft #18: Nikita Chibrikov Scouting Report

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Russian forward Nikita Chibrikov bounced around the various Russian leagues this year, getting time playing against men in the KHL and VHL, while also having games in the MHL junior league. Play for Russian powerhouse SKA St. Petersburgh, Chibrikov played 16 KHL games scoring one goal and one assist. He added three goals and eight assists for 11 points in 20 VHL games. Playing against other teenagers, Chibrikov scored three goals and six assists for nine points in 11 games. He also added three assists in five playoff games.

Chibrikov really made his mark at the recent IIHF Under-18 World Championship. He put up four goals and nine assists for 13 points in seven tournament games, helping the Russian team to a silver medal. He led the tournament in assists and was named a top-three player on the Russian team. In 2019-20, Chibrikov also appeared at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He scored three goals and five assists for eight points in six games, helping the Russian team to a gold medal. He played for the Russian men’s team at the recent European Hockey Tournament, putting up a goal and three points in three games.

2021 NHL Draft #18: Nikita Chibrikov Scouting Report

Not that I actually care, but I think he'll be picked higher, than #18.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Chibrikov. He has higher upside. Centers usually get an advantage, but not when there’s a clear gap in upside.

I've only seen them together at the U18 gold medal game, so I know my knowledge is limited, but based on what I've seen I wouldn't guess that Chibrikov has the higher upside. He seemed pretty well contained to the outside in that game, whereas Svechkov's power allowed him to win battles and get pucks into dangerous areas. More of a pro ready game, it seemed.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Both of these guys are going to be good players for years to come, Svechov and Chibrikov.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Not that I actually care, but I think he'll be picked higher, than #18.

This isn't a prediction of where they will be picked. This isn't a mock draft (though one will be done later).

This is our ranking of BPA.

Playing for SKA and being signed for 2 additional years, plus they have the money to keep him longer, will also have an impact and is factored into the rankings.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think, Chibrikov is one of the safest picks of the draft. He has top6 winger upside, but even if he fails to become good enough for top6 role, he can still become a solid bottom6er. He has all the qualities for this, unlike some prospects, who if not on top two lines, will be absolutely useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad