LW/RW Lucas Edmonds - KarlskronaHK, J20 Superelit (2022, 86th, TBL)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
It's definitely time to bump this thread. Recently saw Edmonds play in the Allsvenskan and he's playing very good. He's scored 3 points in 8 games and his resembles that of Jacob Olofsson and Filip Hallander in their draft years. Has only been just over 0.5 PPG in the SuperElit so far, but has looked sharp from what I've seen and also heard. Rises to the 3rd round in my January Rankings.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Off to a good start in the OHL with Kingston albeit as an overager who has played pro hockey the past couple of years. Don't know how much of an NHL prospect he is though

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Is he scoring this many points (2.00 ppg pace after 20 games), because he is an overager, or is he actually this good?
January 2001 born, playing his first and only OHL season.

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Is he scoring this many points (2.00 ppg pace after 20 games), because he is an overager, or is he actually this good?
January 2001 born, playing his first and only OHL season.

I think it's a combination of things. The kid is no doubt exceptionally smart with great hands, vision and shot. He just always knows where to be offensively. However, he has also been playing on a line with two other extremely good junior players in Arcuri and Frasca and Kingston's power play is those three plus Wright and Chromiak (they run 5 forwards) so I think his stats are a little inflated. That being said almost every game I have watched he's been Kingston's best player. Reminds me a lot of Perfetti in the OHL in that he always seems to make the right decision with the puck. His biggest weakness imo is his skating which I think combined with his size would need to improve to compete at the next level.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think it's a combination of things. The kid is no doubt exceptionally smart with great hands, vision and shot. He just always knows where to be offensively. However, he has also been playing on a line with two other extremely good junior players in Arcuri and Frasca and Kingston's power play is those three plus Wright and Chromiak (they run 5 forwards) so I think his stats are a little inflated. That being said almost every game I have watched he's been Kingston's best player. Reminds me a lot of Perfetti in the OHL in that he always seems to make the right decision with the puck. His biggest weakness imo is his skating which I think combined with his size would need to improve to compete at the next level.

Thanks from the info.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
100 points (31 goals) already this season.

Europeans with 100 or more points in a single season in the OHL

1. Sergei Kostitsyn - 40+91=131 (2.22)
2. Marco Rossi - 39+81=120 (2.12 ppg)
3. Vitali Yachmenev - 61+52=113 (1.71 ppg)
4. Denis Shivdki - 41+65=106 (1.75 ppg)
5. Vitali Yachmenev - 52+53=104 (1.80 ppg)
6. Branko Radivojevic - 34+70=104 (1.70 ppg)
7. Jan Bulis - 42+61=103 (1.61 ppg)
8. Nail Yakupov - 49+52=101 (1.55 ppg)
9. Zdenek Nedved - 50+50=100 (1.70 ppg)
10. Lucas Edmonds - 31+69=100 (1.66 ppg)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He’s eligible for a contract right now.
This is something I don’t understand completely… why is Edmonds not eligible to be signed to a contract even though he’s one of the oldest players in the CHL, meanwhile his teammate Jordan Frasca, who is 5 months his junior is? Can someone shine some light on this?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is something I don’t understand completely… why is Edmonds not eligible to be signed to a contract even though he’s one of the oldest players in the CHL, meanwhile his teammate Jordan Frasca, who is 5 months his junior is? Can someone shine some light on this?
Using the CBA...
8.4 Eligibility for Claim. (a) All Players age 18 or older are eligible for claim in the Entry Draft, except:
(i) a Player on the Reserve List of a Club, other than as a try-out;
(ii) a Player who has been claimed in two prior Entry Drafts;
(iii) a Player who previously played in the League and became a Free Agent pursuant to this Agreement;
(iv) a Player age 21 or older who:
(A) has not been selected in a previous Entry Draft and
(B) played hockey for at least one season in North America when he was age 18, 19, or 20 and shall be eligible to enter the League as an Unrestricted Free Agent pursuant to Article 10.1(d); and
(v) a Player age 22 or older who has not been selected in a previous Entry Draft and shall be eligible to enter the League as an Unrestricted Free Agent pursuant to Article 10.1(d).

So he's considered 21 based on -

8.10 Age of Players. As used in this Article, "age 18" means a Player reaching his eighteenth birthday between January 1 next preceding the Entry Draft and September 15 next following the Entry Draft, both dates included; "age 19" means a Player reaching his nineteenth birthday by no later than September 15 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; "age 20" means a Player reaching his twentieth birthday by no later than December 31 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; "age 21" means a Player reaching his twenty-first birthday by December 31 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; and "age 22" means a Player reaching his twenty-second birthday by December 31 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft.

...but he didn't play a season in NA at 20 (B) which grants him UFA rights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad