RW Frantisek Ridzon - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2023 Draft)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Was the best 2005 born in the u18's last year, obtaining 13 points throughout 21 games, and put up 21 points in 8 games in the u16's. He looks to be one of the best Slovak prospects from the 2023 Draft Class.
Frantisek Ridzon at eliteprospects.com

Better than Sisik and Dvorsky? Or is Dvorsky playing for Sweden now? Looks like he’s been on Team Sweden at the WSI youth tournaments lately...

Edit: and Sisik has been on the Czech teams with guys like Dominik Petr...is Sisik not Slovakian?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Better than Sisik and Dvorsky? Or is Dvorsky playing for Sweden now? Looks like he’s been on Team Sweden at the WSI youth tournaments lately...

Edit: and Sisik has been on the Czech teams with guys like Dominik Petr...is Sisik not Slovakian?
The WSI tournaments mean nothing for nationality. For example Slafkovsky was selected to team North America. Both Sisik and Dvorsky are the best 2023 draft prospects but I’ve heard pretty good things about this kid as well. Sisik i know looks legit, he is a very good skater and very talented. Dvorsky is wild card, some Swedes I’ve talked to say he’s very good too.

Reactions: BKarchitect

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia

Both Sisik and Dvorský are Slovaks and both are probably better than him. But Slovak 2004 and 2005 born players have a lot of quality and there are more potential guys. Ridzon is one of them.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018

Not saying that he is the best, but definitely up there

Mato94

Apr 11, 2020
Bratislava, Slovakia
Ridzon is not in Liptovsky Mikulas anymore, he'd decided to join HK Nitra before the season.

Having been loaned to HK Levice, Ridzon scored in his debut in Slovak second tier men's league tonight, at the age of 15Y/11M/10D.

He's also played in one Tipos extraliga (top tier league) game for Nitra before, becoming the 4th youngest player in the league's history (15Y/10M/7D).

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
From what I've seen, the boy is a very talented and creative player. When he has a puck, he always tries to come up with something. I think that next season, together with O. Molnar they will play for men HC Nitra and the draft season, maybe they will both go to one of the CHL leagues. For me, he is now better then Sisik and he is the fourth best Slovak for draft 2023 (before him Dvorsky, Molnar, Ciernik)

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
He currently has 25 points for 16 matches in the Slovak Junior League in D-1 year (1,56 ppg). He also played some shifts among men in the top tier Slovak league and the lower tier Slovak league. For comparison, Martin Chromiak had 46 points for 39 matches in the D-1 season in Slovak Junior League (1,18 ppg). I'm curious about his next progress, he could get more chances among men.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
He currently has 25 points for 16 matches in the Slovak Junior League in D-1 year (1,56 ppg). He also played some shifts among men in the top tier Slovak league and the lower tier Slovak league. For comparison, Martin Chromiak had 46 points for 39 matches in the D-1 season in Slovak Junior League (1,18 ppg). I'm curious about his next progress, he could get more chances among men.
I think he’s been great, even though that Nitra team is loaded with talent. It’s our version of the Winnipeg Ice :laugh:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Could it be the reason?

I doubt it. He’s not the first Slovak who chose to play in Canada and others who have played in the CHL were selected by Slovakia before.
I think it’s probably more that he did not play for the Slovak U18 project, and there is still favouritism there. We will have to wait and see how the top 6 Slovak wingers play, if they look great than maybe they made the right choice but if not…

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
The reason why he is not on HGC is not because of performance. Slovak national U18 team has a new coach and it is obvious that he prefers players who will play in the U18 project, as Antilla wrote, even at the price of performance. It's a pity, but it's a fact. Similar things happened in Slovakia when Ernest Bokros was coaching the under-20 national team. Similar things happened in the past in the U16 and U17 national teams, when players who play in Slovakia were preferred at the expense of better quality players who play abroad. Anyway, Frantisek is talented but I have slight doubts whether he will be able to adapt to NA and whether he will be able to establish himself there. We may know more soon, when the preliminary games in QMJHL will start.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I don't get it, why would choosing to play in the QMJHL affect his national team eligibility? CHL is undoubtedly a better junior league and has a higher level of attention. If he chose there, it's not hard to understand why he made that choice. Many EU players spend their draft year in the CHL. Yeah, it's not easy, they have to learn another language,feel the culture difference, adapt the NA ice and may be more physically. But if they can deal with these, they will be a more mature player, more mature person.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
CHL is undoubtedly a better junior league and has a higher level of attention.
Most junior players worth giving a damn about play in the men's league in Slovakia during their draft year. See Nemec and Sykora going to the league finals this year. Which makes both facts you mentioned very doubtful, actually.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Most junior players worth giving a damn about play in the men's league in Slovakia during their draft year. See Nemec and Sykora going to the league finals this year. Which makes both facts you mentioned very doubtful, actually.
Not wrong, but that's men's league, not junior League. Nemec&Sykora are great players so that they could handle it well. For Ridzon, he could get more ice time and score more if he come to CHL. I am not saying that it is better for him to go to CHL than to stay in Slovakia, it is a possible option.
And then there's the issue of attention that I mentioned, I'm not saying there should be a difference , but it's true that the North American market is bigger than any other single country.
I'm sorry if I offended you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad