LW Riley Tufte - Minnesota-Duluth, NCAA (2016, 25th, DAL)

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Same HS as Bjugstad, similar size, wore his number. He's the real deal, but I don't think he's a Bjugstad level prospect. Maybe a 2nd to 3rd rounder right now? Sky is the limit, so next year will be huge.

Last edited:

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Same HS as Bjugstad, similar size, wore his number. He's the real deal, but I don't think he's a Bjugstad level prospect. Maybe a 2nd to 3rd rounder right now? Sky is the limit, so next year will be huge.

I'm the one who started the discussion about Kieffer Bellows last summer. I have a feeling Tufte will have a similar impact in the USHL next year, same with Garrett Wait.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Seems to have great hands but is still trying to figure out how to use all of his body fluidly, if that makes sense. He'll probably seem a little "goofy" until he fills out completely.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I'm the one who started the discussion about Kieffer Bellows last summer. I have a feeling Tufte will have a similar impact in the USHL next year, same with Garrett Wait.

Pumping your tires a bit much? ;) But really, Bellows looks good and same with Tufte, Wait, Mishmash, Reedy, Nelson, Miller in the future. After what I consider a dry spell of producing elite prospects for about 5 years, it seems Minnesota is back.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Saw this guy play at an international tournament around X-Mas. He was a guy who stood out to me as intriging. Should be an interesting prospect to follow

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Is it confirmed Wait is playing in USHL next year? For what team? Waterloo?

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Seems to have great hands but is still trying to figure out how to use all of his body fluidly, if that makes sense. He'll probably seem a little "goofy" until he fills out completely.

I always thought of him as a very fluid player. Doesn't seem in the least bit "goofy".

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Just came across this kid while looking through 2016 draft prospects. guys big! says on eliteprospects he will be playing for Fargo force. Can anyone shed some light on what kind of a player he is? i'm assuming with his size he's a power forward type player, but can someone shed a little more light on him? hows his Skating hockey IQ stuff like that?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A big, skilled LW is exactly what the Flyers need so I'll keep an eye on him.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
#36 on craig buttons list. Big guys always seem to rise come draft day so i think this guys a first rounder unless he totally s***s the bed this year

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
#36 on craig buttons list. Big guys always seem to rise come draft day so i think this guys a first rounder unless he totally s***s the bed this year

Big guys like Lawson Crouse, Brandon Carlo, Paul Bittner, and Jordan Greenway always seem to rise come draft day, compared to where scouts rank them? Mh.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Riley Tufte will leave Fargo and head back to Blaine. I would expect him back in Fargo after the High School season ends

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
What's the logic behind that decision? Isn't that taking a step backwards?

Competition is not as good, obviously, but he has a chance to show out as the top HS player in the state and win Mr. Hockey. Losing 5-1 in the quarterfinals of the tourney last year probably influenced him as well.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Tufte has 13 points through 3 games so far. 7 goals and 6 assists. He scored 4 goals in the first period of tonights game, all within a 6 minute span.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Big guys like Lawson Crouse, Brandon Carlo, Paul Bittner, and Jordan Greenway always seem to rise come draft day, compared to where scouts rank them? Mh.

Lawson Crouse is actually a good player tho..

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Why did he Jump back to High-School?

NVM, read above.

He could come join other fellow MD commit Jared Bethune ;)

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Guess that's what happens when you take a giant step backwards in terms of the talent you're playing against.

Admittedly, Blaine's first 3 games were against cupcakes, but he is doing what he needs to do against those teams, which is dominate. The schedule ramps up starting saturday where they play @Edina, which is one of the best teams in the state.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Tufte has 16+8 (24) in 8 games so far this year. He is on pace for 50 goals this season, which is very good for AA High School hockey in Minnesota.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad