LW Rihards Bukarts - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2014 undrafted)

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Nice goal, Excellent name but could use a little more size. Will he follow Girgensons and Blueger and play in North America in his draft year?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Nice goal, Excellent name but could use a little more size. Will he follow Girgensons and Blueger and play in North America in his draft year?

No i have the feeling he will go the Tarasenko/Kuznetsov path,trying to get into 1-2 lines in the khl.Btw Bukarts was drafted 9th overall in the khl draft and is the youngest player ever in the KHL to sign a professional contract (with Dinamo Riga)

Last edited:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
No i have the feeling he will go the Tarasenko/Kuznetsov path,trying to get into 1-2 lines in the khl.Btw Bukarts was drafted 9th overall in the khl draft and is the youngest player ever in the KHL to sign a professional contract (with Dinamo Riga)

is he expected to crack the Riga lineup next year?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
is he expected to crack the Riga lineup next year?

Well there are some people saying he could do it this year,but he needs to develop his physical game before he can make the jump to the pros but i could totally see him cracking the roster in 2013/2014 season.
Hes in the prospect/summer camp with Riga right now,so who knows.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well there are some people saying he could do it this year,but he needs to develop his physical game before he can make the jump to the pros but i could totally see him cracking the roster in 2013/2014 season.
Hes in the prospect/summer camp with Riga right now,so who knows.

he joined MHL or KHL team summer camp?

bp spec

Jun 7, 2010
Never seen him play but I've seen his older brother Roberts. Both on tv and when he was in Sweden with Saga Riga(?) is that the name? They called themselves that, but i cant find that team anywhere. Anyway, that team visited my hometown for two or three years in a row to play a Elite U-18 tourney.

His brother was(is) good, and Rihards stats is good as well. So I guess hell at least play for Dinamo Riga in the future just as his brother does.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Never seen him play but I've seen his older brother Roberts. Both on tv and when he was in Sweden with Saga Riga(?) is that the name? They called themselves that, but i cant find that team anywhere. Anyway, that team visited my hometown for two or three years in a row to play a Elite U-18 tourney.

His brother was(is) good, and Rihards stats is good as well. So I guess hell at least play for Dinamo Riga in the future just as his brother does.

Rihards always said his dream is to play with his brother in Dinamo Riga and it looks like hes trying to get into the big club this year altough thats a long shot i could see him in some 3-4th line(on a forward line with Raitis Ivanans,for protection and all that) if he impresses coaches at the summer camp.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Rihards always said his dream is to play with his brother in Dinamo Riga and it looks like hes trying to get into the big club this year altough thats a long shot i could see him in some 3-4th line(on a forward line with Raitis Ivanans,for protection and all that) if he impresses coaches at the summer camp.

Too young IMO, would be better for his development to dominate this season in MHL and next year KHL

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Fun fact, he had identical MHL stats with Alexander Delnov, a kid who Florida drafted in the fourth round this year.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Looks like rihards will get alot of top 6 and PP minutes on our team,so he will have alot of chances to show himself.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
I thinki we expected more from him, still U18 left but what I hear from Tambijevs about him doesn't look good. Certainly a talented player but the fact that his work ethic could be better doesn't say anything good, especially if you're a small player...

Will see how it goes but at the moment he's more like a prep game king, maybe he'll show something at the U18 Worlds... Certainly hope so.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I thinki we expected more from him, still U18 left but what I hear from Tambijevs about him doesn't look good. Certainly a talented player but the fact that his work ethic could be better doesn't say anything good, especially if you're a small player...

Will see how it goes but at the moment he's more like a prep game king, maybe he'll show something at the U18 Worlds... Certainly hope so.

I take everything Tambijevs says with a grain of salt,but that doesnt mean Rihards doesnt have the bad habit of slacking sometimes from his brother(who is actually improving btw)

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
Fun fact, he had identical MHL stats with Alexander Delnov, a kid who Florida drafted in the fourth round this year.

Ahhhhh...greetings from the UK.
Really enjoyed listening into the Seattle games last year via the teams website,and found myself cheering on Alexander Delnov and Roberts Lipsbergs.
Roberts caught fire and had a very impressive season!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Ahhhhh...greetings from the UK.
Really enjoyed listening into the Seattle games last year via the teams website,and found myself cheering on Alexander Delnov and Roberts Lipsbergs.
Roberts caught fire and had a very impressive season!

Well i hope Rihards Bukarts makes the move to CHL this summer to have similiar or even better success as Roberts Lipsbergs.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
You don't want him to stay in Russia?

Everyone is a bit afraid, that he will turn out a bust. He currently has lulled in a warm place, so a change of scenery might do him well. But then again, he might easily become another typical PPG Euro in CHL who doesn't amount to much. Everything is in his own hands, as his contract with Dinamo, by what I've heard, isn't very binding. It's all about making right choices and working hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad