LW Peter Cehlárik (2013, 90th, BOS)

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
He's quite a well known junior player in Slovakia, although a little bit in the shadow of Marko Daňo and Martin Réway. However i didn't expect him to make it to Elitserien this season, not even to make some points.
I saw him just a few times. Maybe our Swedish friends can help us. What kind of player is he? Pure scorer, power forward or playmaker? Is there a chance some NHL club will take a chance on him at 2013 NHL draft? Is he good enough?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He's quite a well known junior player in Slovakia, although a little bit in the shadow of Marko Daňo and Martin Réway. However i didn't expect him to make it to Elitserien this season, not even to make some points.
I saw him just a few times. Maybe our Swedish friends can help us. What kind of player is he? Pure scorer, power forward or playmaker? Is there a chance some NHL club will take a chance on him at 2013 NHL draft? Is he good enough?

I did not watch the game but here are the highlights: http://www.elitserienplay.se/#/video.2170057374001 (secondary assist on the 5th goal and a nice pass on the last goal)

Luleå has some injury problems and Cehlarik got to play on the 4th line, apparently he did well.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty sure he was well on the radar to possibly get drafted even before SEL time. He's been a top player for their J20 team all year and even more so currently since they've loaned their top older guys to SEL2.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Thanks for info. Hopefully it will be a good draft for Slovakia this year and even Cehlárik will be at least a late round pick. ;)

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Thanks for info. Hopefully it will be a good draft for Slovakia this year and even Cehlárik will be at least a late round pick. ;)

Could be late pick. More of finesse player with both scoring and playmaking skills. Skating holds him back.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
2 goals in the 2nd period in today's game. 3rd period to go.

Should be 3G 2A in 5 games so far. Not sure though since he's not on hockeyligan.se yet and Eliteprospects is really slow to update stats.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
I'm sooo impressed by this kid, his line has scored 19 points together in the last 3 (!) games and it's not like he is just tagging along. He creates a lot of offense on his own and he has shown us that he got excellent vision and passing skills for this level.

Today he was close to getting the hat-trick, he made a nice deke on the blueline when they were on a 2on1 but lost the puck as he passed the defenseman.

I really hope he will stay in Luleå for the next season, I'm so excited to see what he can do once he get a full season in SEL. Hopefully he gets some icetime during the playoffs when some of the injured players return.

I haven't been this excited about any of our junior players for quite many years. :D

Good size. What kind of player is he?

I'm no expert and I've only seen him in 5 games but offenseivly he seems to be very good all around. He is good along the boards and win a lot of pucks and his passing is really good for his age. After he scored his first goal he has tried to shoot more and you can see that he got a good shot and now that he actually dares to try to score goals instead of just passing you can see that there's a goalscorer in him as well. The big downside is that his skating is average at best, sometimes he just looks slow but he makes up for it with his smarts and he is usually positioned quite well because he can read plays in such a good way.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Detroit should draft him so we can start a Slovakian era, we have a few other good Slovaks in our System with Tatar, Jurco, and Tvrdon.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Detroit should draft him so we can start a Slovakian era, we have a few other good Slovaks in our System with Tatar, Jurco, and Tvrdon.

Add Dano, Cehlarik and Reway and you guys will soon be the Slovakian National Team!

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Lets see, ho it will reflect to the final CSS draft rankings. In the January edition i cant find his name.

But i have a question. If im correct, there is some agreement between NHL and Europe. For every drafted player the youth club will receive some money (200 000 USD).
Who will be in Cehlariks case? His youth club in Slovakia MsHK Zilina or Lulea?

Febfemton

Jan 15, 2013
Lets see, ho it will reflect to the final CSS draft rankings. In the January edition i cant find his name.

But i have a question. If im correct, there is some agreement between NHL and Europe. For every drafted player the youth club will receive some money (200 000 USD).
You take the total sum, which by the way think is $225 000 rather than $200 000, and then you divide it by four and hand it out to the clubs based on how many years of the last four the player has played in that club.

In Cehlariks case Luleå will get $56 250 (1 out of 4 years) and MsHK Zilina will get $168 750 (3 out of 4 years) if he signs a deal with the teams that drafts him.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Sounds like the type player that may have been passed on under previous transfer agreements due to a number of factors (probably top six or bust, lack of international exposure, spent much of the season in playing in SuperElit) but could be a very enticing pick under the new rules.

Some size and skill, up to four years of development before you have to make a decision on him and up to six years until he's out of ELC..
You could certainly do a lot worse with a mid to late pick.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Dont know much about his skating, but if he continues to produce numbers i cant see why he would not go in the first or second round.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
0+1 today

Not only that, he had a solid performance once again and one really good wrist shot that hit the bar, the goaltender didn't even have time to react to it. I also liked it when he just pushed former NHL-defenseman Ole-Kristian Tollefsen away with a solid hit along the boards to steal the puck, and that wasn't his only hit during the game, you can't say that the kid is shy on the ice. :D

His skating is also looking a lot better than it was in his first few games, I think it had a lot to do with that he had to learn the system and that he didn't know where to go in certain situations that made his skating look worse than it actually is.

He is already 8th in junior scoring (3+3) with only 7 games played. Everyone ahead of him have played +45 games (Collberg is the only exception with 34GP).

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Sounds like the type player that may have been passed on under previous transfer agreements due to a number of factors (probably top six or bust, lack of international exposure, spent much of the season in playing in SuperElit) but could be a very enticing pick under the new rules.

Some size and skill, up to four years of development before you have to make a decision on him and up to six years until he's out of ELC..
You could certainly do a lot worse with a mid to late pick.

A player doing this well in SEL at his age, almost always get drafted, no matter what transfer agreement there is. Doing great in SEL at his age is pretty rare.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

You take the total sum, which by the way think is $225 000 rather than $200 000, and then you divide it by four and hand it out to the clubs based on how many years of the last four the player has played in that club.

In Cehlariks case Luleå will get $56 250 (1 out of 4 years) and MsHK Zilina will get $168 750 (3 out of 4 years) if he signs a deal with the teams that drafts him.

This particular deal you are talking about is between NHL and the Swedish HF(not IIHF), who will get the actual "development money". They will then spread it to the player's clubs over the last four years. But the deal only affects his Swedish clubs. Luleå will get money for the years they had him. If Cehlarik's home club recieves money or not depends on if the Swedish and their federation have a transfer agreement in place.

The most recent example was Frederik Andersen who only played a season in Sweden, but his Danish club got nothing because of no transfer agreement with the Swedish federation. Frölunda got 1/4 and the Swedish federation got 3/4, money that will go into the development program.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Add Dano, Cehlarik and Reway and you guys will soon be the Slovakian National Team!

By the way I just complete a entry draft as the Detroit gm.

Bo Horvat- 17 overall
Marco Dano-47 overall
Martin Reway- 77 overall
Gustav Olofsson- 107 overall
Jackson Whistle- 137 overall
Amil Krupic- 167 overall
Peter Cehlárik- 197 overall

What you think ? I know Horvat was taken a tad too high but since we couldn't trade our pick. So I decided to take Horvat over Max Domi,Adam Erne,Frederic Gauthier,Anthony Mantha. I know Horvat wasn't the BPA but he was the player best suited for Detroit Need wise. Detroit love any player with the intigible like Horvat. If Horvat is still on the board when Detroit is at the board, they better take this kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad