LW Ondrej Palat (2011, 208th overall, Tampa Bay)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Hi guys,
I've just been looking at Ondrej Palat's stats and they look good. Does anyone know if he's likely to be drafted this year, and if so, in what round? Thanks in advance!

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
He's 19, been passed over for the draft twice. I'd say it's a coinflip if he'll get drafted, likely later rounds and if not, he's got a shot at a training camp invite or something along those lines.

He's benefiting a bit playing alongside Couturier, but isn't a slouch offensively. Decent skater, plays small and is only average-sized to begin with.

patsbury

Feb 19, 2008
Montreal or Drummond
Boucher is always in contact with Voltigeurs GM Dominic Ricard, so I'd assume he had a word or two in the Palat pick. Low risk, he might turn into a good 3rd liner; above that would be (pleasantly) surprising.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think this guy might be the steal of the entire draft. He is really good offensively. Shifty, creative, illusive, good hockey sense. I think he's going to surprise a number of people.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I don't get why people play it safe in the 7th, this guy exploded offensively which I know overagers tend to do, but seriously why not?

Clear that Boucher got a nudge from Drummondville on this one.

Beerfest*

1 goal, 10 assists in 11 games this year. He put up solid numbers last year in the AHL also.

How is he looking? Is he a good setup player?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He became the opposite of his scouting report. Works hard, goes to the dirty areas, and can seem to play on any line in the AHL. Obviously its unlikely that he'll be a top six guy in the NHL, but he certainly looks like he could be a productive third liner one day. Been a treat to watch.

Beerfest*

He became the opposite of his scouting report. Works hard, goes to the dirty areas, and can seem to play on any line in the AHL. Obviously its unlikely that he'll be a top six guy in the NHL, but he certainly looks like he could be a productive third liner one day. Been a treat to watch.

Thanks for the report. :)

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Ceiling is a 2nd/3rd liner at the minute, but then again he has surprised at every level so far, so who knows?

It isn't coincidence that Syracuse went on their winning streak when he came back from injury, he is rightly often described as the 'straw that stirs the drink' on the Crunch's top line.

Could surprise and make the Lightning next year. Who knows? So many borderline NHL ready forwards in the Lightning org, Conacher and Killorn are probably NHL for good now, but Panik, Connolly, Palat, T. Johnson and Brown all will be pushing for a spot next season.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
For all those haters of European players coming to CHL, Palat is one of those players whose career was rescued by leaving Czech for CHL. His game was stagnating a lot back in Czech at age of 18 and scouts have basically wrriten him off at that time.
Sometimes CHL helps European players, otherwhile hurts them.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
For all those haters of European players coming to CHL, Palat is one of those players whose career was rescued by leaving Czech for CHL. His game was stagnating a lot back in Czech at age of 18 and scouts have basically wrriten him off at that time.
Sometimes CHL helps European players, otherwhile hurts them.

That should read Vorky :D . He has a big topic about it in KHL section.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Palat was no slug playing w/ Couturier either. Both of them benefited from playing with each other. Palat has legit 2nd line upside but most likely a 3rd liner. Either way, a prospect Lightning fans should be excited about.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
That should read Vorky :D . He has a big topic about it in KHL section.

It´s neither only black nor only white.
Hertl made good decision to stay in Slavia developing in Czech extraleague. Jaskin IMO made also good decision to leave last summer to play for Moncton.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Looked not bad out there. I'm guessing he's up because of an injury? I hope he sticks.

Probably won't stick as he's in for Pouliot, but definitely getting on the radar. Tampa has such a sick farm right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad