LW Nikolaj Ehlers - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2014 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Was drafted by the Halifax Mooseheads in the CHL Import draft today. People who knew a bit about seemed to indicate that he would be a good player for Halifax and was a good pick-up. Anyone got any more info?

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I'm not expecting a number this early in regards to the NHL draft, but where does he project to go? 1st round potential? 2nd, beyond?

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
From the sounds of it he's coming in as a high 2nd rounder but a good year in Halifax could probably propel him to top 20. Will have to wait and see him on the ice!!

Rafik Soliman

Feb 27, 2002
Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Visit site
Top-50 Prospect in my eyes for the upcoming draft...

Can be compared to Sven Bärtschi, as he is a feisty offensive forward, with very good foot speed and a good set of Hands. Was pencilled in to play with the EHC Biel in the NLA and already made his debut at the age of 16...

HC Bienne

@llopesso19
Mar 13, 2012
Bienne, Swiss
www.eurohockey.com
My boy finally get's a thread in Canadian side. Worst scenario he makes a point by match and get's picked in early second round. Best scenario he does like Sven Bartschi and get's a top 15 pick. His target is to pass his buddy André burakowski in the draft, little friend from a long time.

HC Bienne

@llopesso19
Mar 13, 2012
Bienne, Swiss
www.eurohockey.com
Remember Robert Burakovsky playing under coach Heinz Ehlers in Biel? Would be great if Nikolaj and André could play together once.

i do remember. crazy times. i don't want him to play for the Capitals. He's dream is to play for Dallas Stars(he's a mike modano guy). If he could be drafted by a good developing team that would be nice.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
is he even going to play For the Mooseheads? Thought he was clear with staying in NLA for atleast one more year

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Remember Robert Burakovsky playing under coach Heinz Ehlers in Biel? Would be great if Nikolaj and André could play together once.

Robert Burakovsky & Heinz Ehlers both played together in Sweden
First in Leksand and later AIK.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Oh, and Heinz Ehlers, his dad was the first ever Dane to get drafted :) Just so you guys know.

And BTW.. The mock's I have seen so far, have had him as a 1st rounder or very early 2nd round.

If he explodes in Halifax, he could go into the top 10.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

I think Robert Burakowsky played under Heinz Ehlers a year in Aalborg to. Aaaaand if my memory serveces me right I think Sebastian Ehlers(brother to Nikolaj) played with André Burakowsky in Malmo a couple of years ago.

Belenos

Dec 31, 2010
Biel, Switzerland
Biel coach Kevin Schläpfer confirmed Ehlers will leave Biel and join Halifax. What a pity, would have loved to see him one year more in Switzerland.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
As a Mooseheads fan, It will be interesting to see how he plays next year, hopefully with Halifax. With MacKinnon and Drouin likely not coming back, we'll have to see what happens with the forwards.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Nikolaj Tweeted today;

"Only 18 hours till i'm moving out, gonna be tough, but i'm looking forward to come over and see the boys! See you tomorrow Halifax! :)"

https://twitter.com/NikolajEhlers27

And Ehlers has been working out all summer in his parents garage.

BQHAB8lCAAAA2jP.jpg:large

"Getting ready for the new season, excited to see the fans, players and especially the rink!! Go hard or go home!" pic.twitter.com/cXaF8oBxhU

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Nikolaj Tweeted today;

"Only 18 hours till i'm moving out, gonna be tough, but i'm looking forward to come over and see the boys! See you tomorrow Halifax! :)"

https://twitter.com/NikolajEhlers27

And Ehlers has been working out all summer in his parents garage.

BQHAB8lCAAAA2jP.jpg:large

"Getting ready for the new season, excited to see the fans, players and especially the rink!! Go hard or go home!" pic.twitter.com/cXaF8oBxhU

I'm a little worried about that last tweet...I remember Radulov saying that a lot...:sarcasm:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
It seems like Ehlers has been making a good impression in the scrimmage this week. I’ll be looking forward to reports from the pre-season game Saturday.

On a Moose forum I have found this (I hope the posters don’t mind me bringing it here):

statsman18 wrote:
Nicolaj Ehlers: I feel bad and maybe setting a bar high for this kid by saying this but he looks like a poor mans Drouin. Skates around everyone and stick handles better then anyone on the ice. Hes a little small but he will make who ever he plays with better. That being said he is not Drouin so no one should expect a Drouin 2.0.

Joe Rogan wrote:
Ehlers: This kid is impressive. Tons of speed. Carries the puck with poise. Very good shot. Great vision. Was extremely impressed with him. I was expecting him to be good but I was wowed. This is only intersquad so i'm sure he won't be so dominant in real game action but he was by far the best player on the ice for either team

The above was from here:
Moose Forum

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
It seems like Ehlers has been making a good impression in the scrimmage this week. I’ll be looking forward to reports from the pre-season game Saturday.

On a Moose forum I have found this (I hope the posters don’t mind me bringing it here):

statsman18 wrote:
Nicolaj Ehlers: I feel bad and maybe setting a bar high for this kid by saying this but he looks like a poor mans Drouin. Skates around everyone and stick handles better then anyone on the ice. Hes a little small but he will make who ever he plays with better. That being said he is not Drouin so no one should expect a Drouin 2.0.

Joe Rogan wrote:
Ehlers: This kid is impressive. Tons of speed. Carries the puck with poise. Very good shot. Great vision. Was extremely impressed with him. I was expecting him to be good but I was wowed. This is only intersquad so i'm sure he won't be so dominant in real game action but he was by far the best player on the ice for either team

The above was from here:
Moose Forum

Maybe it would have been better for him to stay in Biel. Playing with men in a very good league would have been good for him imo. He likely would have gotten some PP time and decent ice time as well.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I totally did NOT expect him to come over. Wouldn't he be making much more money in Switzerland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad