LW Nick Paul - North Bay, OHL (2013, 101st overall, Dallas; traded to Ottawa)

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Quietly having a great season in the OHL it seems. Looks like he might be the center piece to the Spezza trade. Can any North Bay fans tell a little bit about his game and his talent.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Quietly having a great season in the OHL it seems. Looks like he might be the center piece to the Spezza trade. Can any North Bay fans tell a little bit about his game and his talent.

I think the guy on the Sens 2nd line with 7 points was the centerpiece to the trade

BigBush*

Lol wasnt the center piece but could be the guy that turns it into a lopsided trade for ottawa

Canuck71*

Turning out to be a great prospect. Big, knows how to use his body like a pro, gritty player that takes the puck to the net, and has been a goal scoring machine the past 2 seasons. Turning out to be quite the piece to that trade in the summer.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Has anybody noticed the Sens size? This kid fits right in. I wonder what his chances are to make the WJHC team.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Ottawa GM Bryan Murray and his scouting staff like Nick Paul and see him as a future first line centre that has size and skill.

I'm a big of a fan of Paul as anybody, but that seems like a bit of a stretch :laugh:

Nice article though.

Primetimey*

First line center.. good luck with that. Most 40-60 point OHL players don't turn into first line NHL centers.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

First line center.. good luck with that. Most 40-60 point OHL players don't turn into first line NHL centers.

A stars fan out of anyone should know that players may take a little longer to develop. Paul is playing on a offensively starved team that plays a defensive set up game in and game out. He has been getting exponentially better. First line center may be a wee far fetched but i would absolutely say that would be his "ceiling". 2nd line player is a definite possibility if he continues to develop, he has all the tools.

ginopuck

Apr 2, 2012
I think in a couple of seasons or maybe even next season the Spezza trade will be called the Nick Paul trade. Should make the WJHC team.

Canuck71*

Please go read the Faksa thread, we suck at scouting apparently.

Their scouting is so hit and miss. They find these gems in the mid rounds all the time then draft huge question marks like Faksa and Glennie in the top 10. I hope Honka turns out for them

Primetimey*

Their scouting is so hit and miss. They find these gems in the mid rounds all the time then draft huge question marks like Faksa and Glennie in the top 10. I hope Honka turns out for them

Faksa was in the top ten.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Anyone know how tall he actually is right now? He is listed as 6 foot 3, but after watching the World Juniors, he pretty much towered over anyone not named Sam Morin...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad