LW Nick McHugh - Kitchener Rangers, OHL (2017 Draft)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
kr_21_nick_mchugh_ep.jpg

He doesn't have as much hype as his long time teammate Greg Meireles but McHugh is also a very good prospect. He's a workhorse/puck possession type player (puck hound) and he put up good numbers in Midget AAA, so he has some offensive upside aswell.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=297962

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yup, played his first season in the O whereas Meireles played the majority of the season in the CCHL. Says alot about McHugh's puck possession game.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Yup, played his first season in the O whereas Meireles played the majority of the season in the CCHL. Says alot about McHugh's puck possession game.

Only because Meireles decided (along with his family/agent) that he should stay close to home for one year before leaving to play for Kitchener. The Rangers obviously wanted him there and he would have easily made Kitchener and played in their top 9. But it was his decision to stay in the CCHL.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with McHugh, but I thought I would point out that it's not like McHugh "made the team" over Meireles or anything.

BenchedGuy

Nov 26, 2009
Kitchener
Only because Meireles decided (along with his family/agent) that he should stay close to home for one year before leaving to play for Kitchener. The Rangers obviously wanted him there and he would have easily made Kitchener and played in their top 9. But it was his decision to stay in the CCHL.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with McHugh, but I thought I would point out that it's not like McHugh "made the team" over Meireles or anything.

With that being said, McHugh was impressive during his first rookie camp and main camp. He most likely would have still been on the team if Meireles reported (Garreffa would have not been signed) but just with less minutes and the same role.

McHugh adapted very well his first year to the league. Interesting to see how he will progress and more of a role this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad