LW Mitch Moroz - Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL (2012, 32nd overall, Edmonton) ‎

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
What do people think the upside for Mitch Moroz is? He's really lighting it up in the WHL right now with 11 goals and 16 points in 12 games.

He's 6'3, 214lbs and a pretty good fighter.

In his draft year he was considered to be a poor man's Milan Lucic but then last season was a bit of a disappointment. At least offensively.

Playing for the Oil Kings and then being drafted by the Oilers, people in Edmonton are pretty familiar with him. On draft day he was a guy that fans were happy was in the organization but not happy that a 32nd overall pick was used on him.

This season he's come out on fire and has been a great power forward. He even got his revenge a few nights ago on Jayden Hart(who cross checked Lazar in the face) with a knock out.

Lazar incident

The knockout

Predictions on what the future holds for Mitch Moroz?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
As an over ager he should be putting up some big numbers. However in the past years he was playing shut down minutes and playing down the depth chart on a strong Oil King team. He could have had offensive skills but just not been able to fully show them.

His offensive output thus far has been nothing short of shocking to me tho. Scoring at a goal per game pace over 12 games is great. If he can end the season with 30-35 goals and 60 points that would be great for him. Anything north of 45 goals and he would silence alot of critics

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
As an over ager he should be putting up some big numbers. However in the past years he was playing shut down minutes and playing down the depth chart on a strong Oil King team. He could have had offensive skills but just not been able to fully show them.

His offensive output thus far has been nothing short of shocking to me tho. Scoring at a goal per game pace over 12 games is great. If he can end the season with 30-35 goals and 60 points that would be great for him. Anything north of 45 goals and he would silence alot of critics

He's a 94, not a 93.

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
I was wondering what Moroz's upside is as an NHL player. People say a poor man's Lucic which would be great but for anyone who's seen him play live, do you agree?

Hall-Nuge-Ebs
Perron-Gagner-Yak
Moroz-Gordon- ???/Roy/Chase
?????- Chase/Ewanyk- ?????

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
If he develops into a 3rd line winger who can hit, fight and score 10-15 goals per year is it still an awful pick? I don't think so.

32nd overall for this type of player is usually a real reach as his offensive ceiling in the NHL looks to be pretty low.

That being said he is the type of player the Oilers need to develop along with their young stars, so it might be an okay pick overall.

Way too early to tell though.

As for his awesome start the WHL and other junior leagues is littered with big men who "emerged in their last season or 2 of junior, then did nothing against men in the pros.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Upside is 3rd line winger, a Cody McLeod with a slightly higher offensive push(5-15 points more a season) is what i would seem him developing into. I have alot more hope for him making the oilers than his counterpart and former linemate in Ewanyk.

That was a greasy move by that Hart character.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
He's not going at the same pace that he was at but he still has 15 goals/23 points in 23 games. He had 13 goals in 69 games last season.

The 70 PIM is a positive for a player like him as well.

Oct 23

Nov 14- I think this might have something to do with Forsberg fighting Lazar in the Oct 23rd game. Forsberg hit Moroz hard so Lazar came in to fight and got beat up. I bet Moroz was looking to make things right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad