LW Michal Teply - Liberec, CZE JRS (2019, 105th, CHI)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=290470

I have seen very little of him, but things that stood out were his shot and his puck skills, especially considering his size (6'2" already, expect him to hit 6'3" by the end of the season) Possibly the best 01 born Czech prospect, without a doubt one to watch for. (Tied for the 2nd place in goalscoring in Czech U18 league)
He is expected to spend the next season in U20 league, although he spent some time of the preseason with a WSM team Benatky nad Jizerou, so who knows.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Anyone see Teply as a first round candidate? He's one of my darkhorses for this tournament.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Anyone see Teply as a first round candidate? He's one of my darkhorses for this tournament.

I caught his games at the WJAC, he was solid defensively and in transition, his puck possession is one of his best abilities.

Overall, I found his play offensively to be lacking but that could have been because it's a tournament more for 19-year olds than 17. Against his own age group, he might be able to control the play more and be more effective.

At the moment, I'd have a hard time putting him higher than the mid-late 2nd, but I look forward to seeing him at the u18 WC.

He's also not on the Czech WJC team btw.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I caught his games at the WJAC, he was solid defensively and in transition, his puck possession is one of his best abilities.

Overall, I found his play offensively to be lacking but that could have been because it's a tournament more for 19-year olds than 17. Against his own age group, he might be able to control the play more and be more effective.

At the moment, I'd have a hard time putting him higher than the mid-late 2nd, but I look forward to seeing him at the u18 WC.

In his own age group he is a difference maker, not a flashy one though. I agree he didn't play his best at the WJAC, but I still expect him to be a 1st rounder when it's all said and done.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

As a Shark fan, I'd like him in teal

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Was watching his shifs and noticed he seems pretty good defensively, good active stick and awareness, pretty good hockey IQ on offense too . Not sure about his offense as a whole though, and also if he can be a success going through the Czech development system, been years since a top prospect developed going through just the Czech leagues.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ice are building something extremely special here.

I gotta say though, I really wish they changed their team name from the ICE. It's bad luck!!! Started off as Edmonton Ice, then to Kootenay Ice and now Winnipeg Ice. Shoulda gone a whole new direction for a team name. Have to change all logo's anyways to put Winnipeg on it so may as well have changed it fully!

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
Surprised to see no one is talking about his rookie season in the WHL. He led all WHL rookies in goals, assists, points, and shots on goal. After looking at his highlights, it seems that he needs to work on his skating a bit but his shot and release are incredible. I’m surprised he was passed over for a rookie of the year nomination.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Surprised to see no one is talking about his rookie season in the WHL. He led all WHL rookies in goals, assists, points, and shots on goal. After looking at his highlights, it seems that he needs to work on his skating a bit but his shot and release are incredible. I’m surprised he was passed over for a rookie of the year nomination.
Teply started the season at 18, the rest of the rookies aside from other European players coming over after being drafted, started the year at 16. Teply is expected to be much better than 16 year olds.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not to disparage him, but how many other "rookies" in the WHL were in their draft +1 season? I know Marcus Kallionkieli was one... but who else? I don't think there were any others.

So then you are comparing guys who are 16 with a guy who was 18/19.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He's talented, but so big and gangly. If he can grow into his body he will be a good NHL'er I believe. Right now he kinda has the crazy legs tho lol.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Where is he playing? His WHL team Winnipeg Ice have started their season

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Whole lot of nothing from him past couple seasons . Seems the skating concerns are really holding him back in pros. Likely destined for Europe soon

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Whole lot of nothing from him past couple seasons . Seems the skating concerns are really holding him back in pros. Likely destined for Europe soon
Reminds me a bit of Radovan Bondra. 2 big guys with skating issues. Both are Chicago picks and were drafted out of the WHL. Teply is obviously more skilled, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was back in Czech league like Bondra is now. Still he did just turn 20, maybe 1 more year after this in the AHL. I wonder what kind of ice time and who his line mates are

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He looked like he regressed to me. In his draft year he had a really interesting profile and I liked the way he attacked the game.

Then I saw him the next year and he was just brain dead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad