LW Matthew Tkachuk - London Knights, OHL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I didn't see a thread on this kid and was wanting to know more about him from anyone who has the chance to see him play. I saw him when he was a kid growing up in St. Louis but that is about it. Does he play like his dad?

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Really hope he comes to London. Him, Max Jones, Marner and Dvorak would be fun to watch next year.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Really hope he comes to London. Him, Max Jones, Marner and Dvorak would be fun to watch next year.

Don't make me hallucinate as to how insane that would be.

But frankly, I think London only having 1 year left of Marner/Dvorak (I think Marner makes NHL at 19, but gets sent back next year to grow into an NHL body) is a huge carrot for Tkachuk and Jones next summer. London's young offensive talent after Marner/Dvorak drops off considerably, as the post-Marner era is built around defence and goaltending, so next year is Jones/Tkachuk's only opportunity to play with similar offensive talent if they opt for London.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
It was just announced that he will be playing for the Knights :)

This is pretty huge. Marner-Tkachuk will be absolutely deadly next year. Not bad going from Auston Matthews as your C to Mitch Marner, lol.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009

This is pretty huge. Marner-Tkachuk will be absolutely deadly next year. Not bad going from Auston Matthews as your C to Mitch Marner, lol.

It would likely be Tkachuk, Dvorak, Marner to start from left to right if Dvo/Marner don't turn pro. Or London could use Dvo/Marner as centers on different lines. Dale Hunter always juggles the lines and wingers play center and vice versa.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Can someone give me a scouting report on him? Looks like he could follow an eerily similar path to Marner next year in both development and draft position.

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
He has 5 points in less than 2 OHL games. When Marner gets back, he may be able to overtake anyone in this draft not named Matthews. Bob McKenzie mentioned that skating and quickness needed work. Is this a legitimate criticism, or is it just a weakness relative to everything else?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He looked good tonight, but he sure dives/embellishes a lot. Not sure if tonight was the exception or if that's how he always plays, but the guy was reacting to every time he got touched as though he was being clubbed with a tire iron to the knee.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
He looked good tonight, but he sure dives/embellishes a lot. Not sure if tonight was the exception or if that's how he always plays, but the guy was reacting to every time he got touched as though he was being clubbed with a tire iron to the knee.

He does seem to dive a lot. Noticed it in the preseason and the first game as well.

He is an exceptional offensive talent though. Unbelievable playmaker.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Just caught up on some games he played in lately. Didn't see him much last year so I wasn't really sure if he was really good or just riding Matthews' coat tails last year. Watching these games now though, he really impressed me and I can see why he's ranked in the top5. With his smarts in the offensive zone he's going to get a lot of points this year. Should easily be up in the top5 of OHL scoring by the end of the season.

rockhouse15

Jul 23, 2011
He has 5 points in less than 2 OHL games. When Marner gets back, he may be able to overtake anyone in this draft not named Matthews. Bob McKenzie mentioned that skating and quickness needed work. Is this a legitimate criticism, or is it just a weakness relative to everything else?

He could use work on them but his game is best within 15 feet of the net and along the end boards. His strength on his skates and play making in tight but won't be too limited by his quickness

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
He got helped off the ice during the third period with what looked like a knee injury and didn't return. Looked like he was in a tremendous amount of pain. Hopefully it's not too serious.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What do you guys think it would take for Tkachuk to take over Laine and Puljujärvi in the rankings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad