Prospect Info: LW Matthew Tkachuk, 6th overall

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Not enough of a sample size to say. Some think he is not ready, I am still not sure. I love the player and what he brings, but I am actually not sure if he is physically ready after seeing him. I need more viewings.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I'd like to see him get a few games then go to junior. Get a bit of NHL salary. See where he needs the most work, and our coaching staff can give him a plan for the year on what to work on when he goes back.

I think even if he does well in a trial run he's the type of player who would struggle as the year went on after coming strong out of the gate

ThatHighGuy

Jul 11, 2014
Canaduh
Not enough of a sample size to say. Some think he is not ready, I am still not sure. I love the player and what he brings, but I am actually not sure if he is physically ready after seeing him. I need more viewings.

I think the 9 game special and back to junior. Who knows though. Our winger depth is so crappy he could steal a spot.

I'd like to see him get a few games then go to junior. Get a bit of NHL salary. See where he needs the most work, and our coaching staff can give him a plan for the year on what to work on when he goes back.

I think even if he does well in a trial run he's the type of player who would struggle as the year went on after coming strong out of the gate

Thanks for the input! I managed to watch about 5 periods of the 3 games which isn't a lot but I noticed that he was trying to do too much at times. And his discipline wasn't the best either. I want him to make the team because him and Bennett together would be fun to watch but I wouldn't want to rush him.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Think he makes the team. Our forward depth is crap and the Flames have shown a willingness to put their draftees into the NHL sooner rather than later. Plus he'll sell more tickets than Higgins or Corpse ikoski

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
i'd rather see him in the OHL with shinkurak or poirier making it. Unless he is reeeally good he should be sent down, going back to london has been good for other young players.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Here's a pic I took of Tkachuk with the Flames on NHL 17, because why not.

73lQBoF.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4