LW Martin Lang - Kamloops Blazers, WHL (2019 undrafted)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Lang is a 5'10 scoring winger from the Czech Republic who has absolutely lit up the international stage and his U18/U17 numbers have been phenomenal and he's been selected by the Kamloops Blazers in the CHL Import Draft just recently, 14th overall. He was born on September 15th, the last eligible day for the draft and will surely be going under the radar.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Lang is a 5'10 scoring winger from the Czech Republic who has absolutely lit up the international stage and his U18/U17 numbers have been phenomenal and he's been selected by the Kamloops Blazers in the CHL Import Draft just recently, 14th overall. He was born on October 15th, the last eligivle day for the draft and will surely be going under the radar.

HATE nitpicking but the cutoff date for drafts is September 15th.. not October 15th....

anyways, im looking forward to see him in the WHL next season!... I always love to see which players turn to studs and who become duds

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
HATE nitpicking but the cutoff date for drafts is September 15th.. not October 15th....

anyways, im looking forward to see him in the WHL next season!... I always love to see which players turn to studs and who become duds
Yeah, my bad, he was born September 15th.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He will be given a ton of ice and he will be highly counted on next season. Blazers dont have much firepower at all and they will be counting heavily on the Euros. Hopefully he can do well cause next season isnt looking good in Kamloops.

That team desperately needs some exciting players to come in

Babula

May 31, 2012
has scored twice in first period against Suisse... first U-18 NT game this season... Are you sure he is heading oversea ?

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
has scored twice in first period against Suisse... first U-18 NT game this season... Are you sure he is heading oversea ?
I believe the Kamloops manager said Lang is likely to come over. Plus, I doubt they would have taken him this high if he wasn't near a sure thing.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
He will be given a ton of ice and he will be highly counted on next season. Blazers dont have much firepower at all and they will be counting heavily on the Euros. Hopefully he can do well cause next season isnt looking good in Kamloops.

That team desperately needs some exciting players to come in

lol I'm going to correct you on a couple things. 1.They don't "desperately need exciting players". Jermaine Loewen is easily the crowd favorite, scored 36 goals last year, and will be pushing over 40 again. They have exciting, young talent with Centazzo, Zary, Stuart and Shepard will take the next step. This also takes away your whole "no firepower" comment.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
lol I'm going to correct you on a couple things. 1.They don't "desperately need exciting players". Jermaine Loewen is easily the crowd favorite, scored 36 goals last year, and will be pushing over 40 again. They have exciting, young talent with Centazzo, Zary, Stuart and Shepard will take the next step. This also takes away your whole "no firepower" comment.

Im sorry you think this is an exciting team??!? IMO Kamloops looks awful next season. I watch them play multiple multiple times a year every year and the fact you point out those players as the future to carry this team to the next level is laughable.

Sure Loewen is a big power player and crowd favorite and yes Zary looked good many times as a 16 year old but the others you mentioned are VERY average.

Very entertaining reading that you think its exciting times ahead.

I am going to assume that if Loewen and Ferguson are back with the team next year as 20 year olds that they will be dealt for youth. Bardsley has his work cut out for him turning this team around but i am happy they decided to clean house cause obviously Macgregor and Recchi werent providing the team with talent

I love how you consider centazzo, stuart, sheppard and zary as the guys that will provide the firepower and excitement when combined those 4 with the Blazers last year combined for 104 points only. Thats awful

There is nothing more id love to see in WHL for the Blazers to once again become a powerhouse.. So its extremely frustrating for me seeing them struggle for so long... But i am very excited for the times ahead since the house cleaning happened and i truly wish they become unreal again

Im sorry im just dumbfounded someone considers this team to have young exciting players and not in desperate need of firepower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamkin

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Im sorry you think this is an exciting team??!? IMO Kamloops looks awful next season. I watch them play multiple multiple times a year every year and the fact you point out those players as the future to carry this team to the next level is laughable.

Sure Loewen is a big power player and crowd favorite and yes Zary looked good many times as a 16 year old but the others you mentioned are VERY average.

Very entertaining reading that you think its exciting times ahead.

I am going to assume that if Loewen and Ferguson are back with the team next year as 20 year olds that they will be dealt for youth. Bardsley has his work cut out for him turning this team around but i am happy they decided to clean house cause obviously Macgregor and Recchi werent providing the team with talent

I love how you consider centazzo, stuart, sheppard and zary as the guys that will provide the firepower and excitement when combined those 4 with the Blazers last year combined for 104 points only. Thats awful

There is nothing more id love to see in WHL for the Blazers to once again become a powerhouse.. So its extremely frustrating for me seeing them struggle for so long... But i am very excited for the times ahead since the house cleaning happened and i truly wish they become unreal again

Im sorry im just dumbfounded someone considers this team to have young exciting players and not in desperate need of firepower.

I wasn't using Loewen as an example of a youth movement. Zary, Stankhoven, Soptyk, are reasons to be excited. Maybe not now, but in the future they are a big part of the future. And you talking about Centazzo, Shepard and Stuart only combining for 104 points.....they were all 17 years old, Centazzo being far down the depth chart because of Everett's veteran depth up front. Try again.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I wasn't using Loewen as an example of a youth movement. Zary, Stankhoven, Soptyk, are reasons to be excited. Maybe not now, but in the future they are a big part of the future. And you talking about Centazzo, Shepard and Stuart only combining for 104 points.....they were all 17 years old, Centazzo being far down the depth chart because of Everett's veteran depth up front. Try again.

lol..

Im sorry I am still in shock you don't think this team isn't in desperate need of firepower. Obviously Stankoven is a good future piece but he is still a few years away from hitting his stride. But hey if you think Centazzo, Stuart, Zary and Sheppard can do that like you say, then I don't know what to say. Those guys are good to have on a team but to point them out as the main firepower guys is still extremely laughable. Like I said before Zary should be a good one but the others are VERY average

This is so entertaining and shocking its crazy.

I kind of think you are being sarcastic a bit and pulling my leg but maybe you are actaually being serious?

anyways, it would be good to get back talking about Lang since this is his thread and not keep derailing it

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
lol..

Im sorry I am still in shock you don't think this team isn't in desperate need of firepower. Obviously Stankoven is a good future piece but he is still a few years away from hitting his stride. But hey if you think Centazzo, Stuart, Zary and Sheppard can do that like you say, then I don't know what to say. Those guys are good to have on a team but to point them out as the main firepower guys is still extremely laughable. Like I said before Zary should be a good one but the others are VERY average

This is so entertaining and shocking its crazy.

I kind of think you are being sarcastic a bit and pulling my leg but maybe you are actaually being serious?

anyways, it would be good to get back talking about Lang since this is his thread and not keep derailing it

Christ shove your arrogant responses. And I'll do whatever I see fit there boy wonder.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
We are talking about NEXT season, please don't confuse yourself because it seems like you already have. NEXT season, a top 5 of Loewen, Smith, Lang, Zary and Stuart should be decent enough. Different coaching, different systems, good goaltending, then having other young talent like Josh Pillar, Kyrell Sopotyk, they will do just fine next season. Their defence is pretty solid as well.....I'm guessing I probably already lost you big boy.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
We are talking about NEXT season, please don't confuse yourself because it seems like you already have. NEXT season, a top 5 of Loewen, Smith, Lang, Zary and Stuart should be decent enough. Different coaching, different systems, good goaltending, then having other young talent like Josh Pillar, Kyrell Sopotyk, they will do just fine next season. Their defence is pretty solid as well.....I'm guessing I probably already lost you big boy.
Should be decent enough for what? they’re a bad team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad