LW Marco Miranda - GCK Lions, NLB (2017 Draft)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm watching this Czech vs Swiss game, and this kid is looking impressive. Looks very dangerous and shifty with the puck on his stick. Seems like a pretty good skater for a guy listed at 6'2". Never had heard of him before, I tuned in to watch DRW prospects Hronek and Van Pottelberghe, but I kept asking myself "who is this #11 kid on Switzerland"?

Anyone have some more info on him?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah. I also like the guy. Plays in the 2nd Swiss League inside the "big" ZSC-Lions organization. Went undrafted last year.

Has all the tools though. He's big, fast and has good hands. His all-round game is really good, but consistency and offensive instincts need to improve. Has a tendency to float or look lazy as he at times, despite his size, plays a soft game and lacks intensity. I think he'll be just fine...probably some time to grow into his body is all he needs.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
He is considered as the best swiss forward born 98. A very weak forward generation though.

He is a bit an enigma.

On a good night he pulls off moves like tonight.
On a bad night he has a history of disappearing totally.

He obviously has a lot of talent. Size, body, speed, shiftiness and puckcontrol at his top speed, good shot and passing as well, protects the puck well. Rare combination for a swiss forward. On the other hand, he doesn't like the physical parts of the game, and simple hockeywork, he's missing a bit the drive and leadership qualities as well.

He's still playing NLB, couldn't make the big club yet.

I was hoping, he'd have a good tournament, and getting drafted as an overager.

He has a lot of bust potential, but when he gets every piece together, he's definitely worth a pick.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Yeah. I also like the guy. Plays in the 2nd Swiss League inside the "big" ZSC-Lions organization. Went undrafted last year.

Has all the tools though. He's big, fast and has good hands. His all-round game is really good, but consistency and offensive instincts need to improve. Has a tendency to float or look lazy as he at times, despite his size, plays a soft game and lacks intensity. I think he'll be just fine...probably some time to grow into his body is all he needs.

Just missed your post, before I started mine. Looks comparable though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad