LW Makar Khanin - Dynamo St. Petersburg, VHL (2023 Undrafted)

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Still just 18, doesn't turn 19 for a couple months. Undrafted last summer. Great production for a teenager in the 2nd tier pro league in Russia. Tied with Carolina's sleeper pick last draft, Alexander Rykov, for top u20 point scorer right now in the VHL. 25 points in 34 games. Tons of skill. For such a creative player he's not afraid of contact either. Willing to go to the dirty areas. Willing to get in shooting lanes to block shots.

Could've had a couple assists today on some great feeds. One scenario where he was coming in off the rush, undressed the first defender, 2nd defender was essentially beat immediately after and took a tripping/obstruction penalty to stop him from getting in alone on the goalie. I have a hard time finding highlights for the kid but that would be an awesome one.

Side note, I was impressed with his teammate, (D) Magomed Sharakanov. He's another overager who wasn't drafted last season. They have a few interesting ones on that squad. Take this with a grain of salt because I watched one single game of Sharakanov last year.. I took a peek because his production was nice and all but looked unpolished. Very junior-like. Maybe I didn't see enough so again don't take much away from it... but he was very effective today playing pro hockey. Has some KHL games under his belt this year. His puck skills are fun

Reactions: hockey maniac

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad