LW Leevi Aaltonen - KalPa, FIN JRS (2019, 130th, NYR)

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Great pick. He could become a winger in same line as Kakko if he reaches his full potential. Two smart players with Kakkos superior strength and Leevis great skating? Could be very interesting. It doesn't matter if he develops to a first, second or a third line winger, this kid will be a good team player and produce. I actually think he is the second strongest finn in this years draft, mentality wise at least. He won the U18 gold last year and was one of Finlands best competing players this year as well.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Zero points so far, has anyone seen him play this season? I think he always performs when he wears the Leijonat jersey. I thought he was able to take a third wing spot in this years u-20 team, but i´m not so sure anymore.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Zero points so far, has anyone seen him play this season? I think he always performs when he wears the Leijonat jersey. I thought he was able to take a third wing spot in this years u-20 team, but i´m not so sure anymore.

He just got an assist last night. It has just been 5 games, I'm sure he will play his way into the national u-20 team.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

He's looked fine in both national team and Kalpa so far. Just needs to get bigger and stronger. Still has some good long term potential.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
He's looked fine in both national team and Kalpa so far. Just needs to get bigger and stronger. Still has some good long term potential.

He’s not getting bigger, don't know how much more functional strength he can put on(7kg.) Just doesn’t have the hands to be a top 6 F.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not having a good season, but his play has been better recently. He scored his first Liiga goal last week, and had two assists today.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Any updates? Is he a potential 4th liner for the WJC or is that out of the question? He has at least produced at Mestis level, but is that enough? I hope to see him get the chance.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Any updates? Is he a potential 4th liner for the WJC or is that out of the question? He has at least produced at Mestis level, but is that enough? I hope to see him get the chance.
He has quite low hockey IQ unfortunately. And because of that he is suffering quite a lot more from the blind speedster-syndrome than the majority of very fast skaters are usually suffering from. Sure with his fast skating he could be maybe useful as a 3rd or 4th line energy winger. But I’m not sure if I like him too much in even that role, because of his small size. I wouldn’t probably choose him on the team at all, unless there are still some injury problems.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m not expecting much. He’s been one of the Rangers most disappointing draft picks recently. He’ll need to have a good next two seasons to even be signed. I’m writing this season off already. He’s struggling to even get into the lineup in Liiga, so it’s almost certainly another lost season, as far as I’m concerned. Hopefully next season is better.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah, this guy just has not improved at all in the past 3 years or so. Disappointing, because he really shouldn't just be a 4th liner in Liiga. Oh well.

Reactions: Keke

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Has not played one single game for KooKoo? What is going here? Covid? I´m hoping Ahokas can restart this guy and perhaps develop his hockey-IQ. Because he will always have his motor. He's no future star but he should have Hagelin kind of potential in European leagues. Well, what do I know. I wish him a bit success and that he gets things going.

I actually think all those 2001 prospects from Mikkeli has been letdowns considered how good they were three years ago. Kokkonen, Nikkanen (perhaps because of his injuries) and he still has quite the potential, Aaltonen and Veikka Hahl (2002).
However, that doesn't mean they won't succeed in their careers.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Loaned to Mestis after the transfer to KooKoo. He's been a point-per-game player there.

Imagine he is viewed as a project for next year. I'd imagine that doesn't bode well in terms of his future either in terms of the Rangers or the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad