LW Kirill Marchenko (2018, 49th, CBJ)

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
With Yugra no longer in the KHL next season, do you think guys like Marchenko and Morozov (and Bashkirov) are likely to move elsewhere?

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Reminds me of a goal scoring Draisaitl. Good hands and protects the puck with his big body well. Needs to get faster from the looks of it but Drai figured that out, Marchenko could too.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Returning to his skating, spent some time taking a look at it recently, as I was wondering why he looked slow at the 5Nations and not that slow in the MHL. In the end I have a feeling that the acceleration/explosiveness is to blame here (and therefore he needs some extra space and looks faster in the big rinks), but the skating technique is more or less fine. The good news is that acceleration is something that can be rather easily fixed to a decent level in something like couple of years.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Recrutes' draft guide, which is significantly influenced by recent opinions of scouts, has him ranked 16th.

I think he'll go much higher than people expect, would not shock me if a team with multiple 1st rounders takes him in the 20's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad