LW Kirill Marchenko (2018, 49th, CBJ)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Seems to be our best forward prospect in terms of top end potential. However, to this day I have yet to see him acknowledge the CBJ for picking him, be in Columbus for development camp, or anything of the sort. Not sure of his interest in coming over to play for us.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Seems to be our best forward prospect in terms of top end potential. However, to this day I have yet to see him acknowledge the CBJ for picking him, be in Columbus for development camp, or anything of the sort. Not sure of his interest in coming over to play for us.

I've liked him a lot as a prospect since his draft year. But be careful, I got a lecture when I suggested his future interest in the NHL maybe wasn't 100%

Kid is a player, I'm just not sure we'll ever see him in NA.

Why? Do you really think Columbus would take a player that high in the draft if they had any doubts about him coming over?

Not concerned about his recent extension, he needs a few more years of development and he's going to get the quality of competition + ice time necessary in the KHL. Gavrikov spent 4 seasons in Russia before finally coming over, perfectly fine with waiting on Marchenko.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

I don't know if that counts as "anything of the sort", but last season Marchenko told he was in contact with Jarkko Ruutu, who was at that time CBJ dev coach.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
I've liked him a lot as a prospect since his draft year. But be careful, I got a lecture when I suggested his future interest in the NHL maybe wasn't 100%
He will come over one day, I am sure. Every hockey kid in Russia has a dream to play in NHL. Yes, they have an option to play at home, but even average players like Chibisov try, so why Marchenko shouldn’t?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I don't know if that counts as "anything of the sort", but last season Marchenko told he was in contact with Jarkko Ruutu, who was at that time CBJ dev coach.

Better than nothing. Thanks

I believe he still is.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He will come over one day, I am sure. Every hockey kid in Russia has a dream to play in NHL. Yes, they have an option to play at home, but even average players like Chibisov try, so why Marchenko shouldn’t?
I hope not.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yet another steal of a prospect by GMJk. He said he was getting calls for.him on TDL day but no way he.waa.moving a.guy they think is their future.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
In his VHL and MHL games the couple years, Marchenko is the standout prospect in most games.

He has the high-end skills and attributes that I think should translate to the NHL.

Reactions: Andrei79

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I actually didn't like him at WJC, I expected more from him.

I agree here. He was fine, but that's as far as I'll go.

Kinda disappointed he’s signed for 2 more years, I think he can realistically crack CBJ lineup next year

On the bright side when he does make the transition over to the NHL he should be good and ready. No waiting around (like Gavrikov was).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Why? Panarin had career years here... hes not the coach outsiders think he is.
Yeah but Marchenko is no Panarin at this point. Considering you just shipped out Milano and what Zucc had to go through just to break onto Rangers roster I think 2 more years can only do good for Marchenko.

I'm not saying Torts is a bad coach but it's almost impossible Marchenko would actually make the NHL roster next year under him.

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah but Marchenko is no Panarin at this point. Considering you just shipped out Milano and what Zucc had to go through just to break onto Rangers roster I think 2 more years can only do good for Marchenko.

I'm not saying Torts is a bad coach but it's almost impossible Marchenko would actually make the NHL roster next year under him.
Gotcha agree he needs time just thought you meant Torts cant coach skilled players whoch is a bad narrative he hates.coaching lazy and players who wont play every zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad