LW Juho Lammikko - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2014, 65th, FLA)

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
In light of the McKeown trade I was looking at the Kingston Frontenacs roster, and I noticed the team's +/-

Juho Lammikko +23

Next Best:
Spencer Watson +9 (in 29gp)

Team has a -7 goal differential.

How is this possible?

Is Juho heavily protected?

Is he an amazing defensive forward?

Can anyone explain this really strange stat?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
On one of the games on Sportsnet, they were praising his defensive game. Did a decent job against McDavid.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Lammikko's a good defensive player. He's smart and positionally sound. His offense has been a little underwhelming (was hoping he'd be a 20+ goal, 50+ point guy), but defensively he's been very good. Good size to help in puck battles. Isn't physical, but isn't soft, either.

He plays on a line with 2015 NHL draft prospect Lawson Crouse, and 19 year old undrafted Connor McGlynn. All three are good defensively, and with Sam Bennett now returned to Kingston, could be utilized more as shutdown line now that Bennett's line can handle the #1 offensive responsibilities.

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
He was known as a defensive prospect on draft day, its not surprising he has a great plus minus. He gets tough assignments, I wouldn'tbe surprised to see him make the NHL

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Of note, even though he's listed as LW in the thread title, he's played a lot of center for Kingston this year. He started the year on the wing, usually with Spencer Watson and Robert Polesello, but has been largely been playing center the second half of the year. His current line with Crouse and McGlynn sees him as the center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad