LW Joonas Oden - Kookoo Kouvola, Liiga (2018 undrafted)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Oden has been one of the best Finnish players in 2020 U20 WJC's.
In 5 games he's scored 6 points ( 3 +3 )
and he's been playing with Patrik Puistola and Jonatan Tanus in Finland's 2nd line.

If some NHL team is ready to try and take controlled risk
and use 5th to 7th round pick in 2020 draft to Oden
that team might get good scoring winger in Oden.

And even if Oden busts so what and what that team will lose ?
Yeah not much because 5th to 7th round NHL draft picks won't turn NHL players very often.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
I think it's amazing that he has only 2 PIMs in 25 liiga games and 0 in 5 Wjc games so far, but 27 in 6 Jr A games.

Anyway, his point totals are inflated a little bit from playing with Puistola and Tanus. But he has still played great and been consistent all tournament, he has done exactly what is needed from him, to forecheck and create space.

I still think he has space for an entire new level in his development. He has seemed kinda quiet and looked maybe unconfident in his own abilities, but he showed a glimpse of killer instinct and immense hunger on that goal vs USA and I would love to see more of that from him.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I think it's amazing that he has only 2 PIMs in 25 liiga games and 0 in 5 Wjc games so far, but 27 in 6 Jr A games.

Anyway, his point totals are inflated a little bit from playing with Puistola and Tanus. But he has still played great and been consistent all tournament, he has done exactly what is needed from him, to forecheck and create space.

I still think he has space for an entire new level in his development. He has seemed kinda quiet and looked maybe unconfident in his own abilities, but he showed a glimpse of killer instinct and immense hunger on that goal vs USA and I would love to see more of that from him.

He seems like an ideal complementary player to play with two skilled players. Plays physically and with good work ethic but is able to bury the puck or make a good pass when the opportunity emerges.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
He seems like an ideal complementary player to play with two skilled players. Plays physically and with good work ethic but is able to bury the puck or make a good pass when the opportunity emerges.
The finnish Oskar Sundqvist lol

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
this guy looks like a nice plug and play option up and down your lineup. but haven't seen him all
that much. maybe @ookhaab can chime in on what he has to work on still.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Went undrafted again this year; playing with KooKoo in Liiga.

According to HockeyDb he was born in Washington state. Has he always played in Finland or does he have dual citizenship? And is there any potential for him being a free agent signee one day?

Torspo21

mailataikuri
Dec 15, 2009
Oijärvi
torspo21.blogspot.com
He is currently playing for Ilves Tampere, and is doing very well. 33 games (7+11=18 points). Yesterday Sami Kapanen, who was the commentator in the KalPa-Ilves match up, mentioned that Seattle Kraken is quite interested of Joonas. Anyone else has more information about this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad