LW Grigori Denisenko (2018, 15th, FLA; claimed by VGK)

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I honestly have no clue, but I don't think there's any rush to bring him over. I think he'll stay in Russia for at least another full season, maybe 2. Then, he'll most certainly be heading to the AHL.
I would go with 2 or 3 to be honest. He’s very raw but he has electrifying skill.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I honestly have no clue, but I don't think there's any rush to bring him over. I think he'll stay in Russia for at least another full season, maybe 2. Then, he'll most certainly be heading to the AHL.

Why would he be heading to an inferior league after he plays in the KHL? Do you think that'll be good for his development? Why would he agree to that?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He will play for the senior NT in Euro Hockey Tour games in two weeks. That's an experience he is not getting in the AHL.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Why would he be heading to an inferior league after he plays in the KHL? Do you think that'll be good for his development? Why would he agree to that?

Where is Tolvanen playing right now? Yeah sure, if he's good enough to jump right to the NHL, great, but I don't see him as a prospect that will do that. Even Kucherov started in the AHL.

Also, he doesn't have to agree to anything...once he's signed to his ELC, they can put him wherever they want.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Where is Tolvanen playing right now? Yeah sure, if he's good enough to jump right to the NHL, great, but I don't see him as a prospect that will do that. Even Kucherov started in the AHL.

Also, he doesn't have to agree to anything...once he's signed to his ELC, they can put him wherever they want.

I didn't say a player can't go from KHL to AHL, but as we are seeing with Tolvanen, it usually isn't a good idea. And its even worse for Russians to leave their home league to play in an inferior league than it is for Swedes or Finns. Using one example of a player whose situation is very different from Denisenko's isn't a very convincing argument.

What you are saying makes no sense about the Panthers being able to put Denisenko where they want. He has to first sign a contract with them to do that. Don't you think that would be something they'd discuss before he signed a contract?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I didn't say a player can't go from KHL to AHL, but as we are seeing with Tolvanen, it usually isn't a good idea. And its even worse for Russians to leave their home league to play in an inferior league than it is for Swedes or Finns. Using one example of a player whose situation is very different from Denisenko's isn't a very convincing argument.

What you are saying makes no sense about the Panthers being able to put Denisenko where they want. He has to first sign a contract with them to do that. Don't you think that would be something they'd discuss before he signed a contract?

Yes, I'm sure they would discuss his future, but what leverage does he have to force the team to guarantee him a spot on the NHL roster? When does this ever happen?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Recorded a hat-trick in the first game of the MHL finals.

Is Loko hockey school the newest powerhouse? They have that Michkov kid as well. I know they have produced some players in the past but it used to be mostly schools like Dynamo, Magnitogorsk, CSKA running the show.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Loko has always been a powerhouse, they and Traktor are the best junior systems in the league. Something like Dynamo isn't even close, kinda weird you mentioned them. Magnitka hasn't been doing well at all either past 10 years or so.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Loko has always been a powerhouse, they and Traktor are the best junior systems in the league. Something like Dynamo isn't even close, kinda weird you mentioned them. Magnitka hasn't been doing well at all either past 10 years or so.

Had the wrong team in mind, yeah Dynamo hasn't done much since Ovi, Traktor has had some good ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad