LW Frederik Tiffels - Western Michigan, NCAA (2015, 167th, PIT)

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Yeah he went pointless. I thought he was okay against Canada but didn't catch the other games.

He played quite well.
He was good defensively (relatively compared to his teammates) and made some nice plays along the boards. He is not going to become a scoring machine, but he does the little things, that often go unnoticed. A nice player to have on your team.
I am still not convinced that he will definitely get drafted, although I was told by others that he has a very good chance.

My guess would be he gets taken somewhere in rounds 5 to 7.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Went 2-2-4 in 6 games for Germany, and has 11 points in 13 games for Western Michigan Uni. in the NCAA. Looked pretty decent at WJCs from the games I saw, does he get drafted this time around?

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
LW Frederik Tiffels - Western Michigan Univ, NCAA (2013 undrafted)

I just want to know why he's not mentioned or in any of the rankings i've seen for the draft this year.

This dude could be an absolute steal for a team with a late round pick.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=160631

he's a freshman not playing 1st line minutes under Murray because he tends to not play Freshman alot. and they have two very good lines and after that the depth goes way down.

I know he's not the most impressive player on the statsheet right now, but if you watch him live like I have, you'd understand why I made this thread. He's by far the most dynamic forward on Western and has a high level of hockey sense. He's not one of those one dimensional skill guys either, he plays well in his own zone, blocking shots and kills penalties for western.

Especially compared to tons of other draft picks over the last couple years that have gone the college route, he's had a much better freshman year than most and is doing so on a below 500 team that isn't even giving him top line minutes, though i guarantee they do next year.

I honestly don't see why any team would pass up investing a 6th or 7th round draft pick into him rather than going after some random guy who's put like no points in juniors or college but "has size" lmao

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Saw him live a few times at the WJC. Was the best player on Germany team.

Decent size, very good hockey IQ with good speed ans decent skils overall. Good puck protection, board plat ans two-way game.

Not too sure about his upside, but seems like a guy with decent potential.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Saw him live a few times at the WJC. Was the best player on Germany team.

Decent size, very good hockey IQ with good speed ans decent skils overall. Good puck protection, board plat ans two-way game.

Not too sure about his upside, but seems like a guy with decent potential.

He's looked good in the NCAA too. Good player.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Really liked Freddy when he played here in Cedar Rapids last year.

Good skater with high end vision and hands.

Majority of the time he was a pass 1st Forward. I would have liked to see him shoot the puck a bit more.

Played on the LW of UNH freshman Andrew Poturalksi last year.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
So as stated previously.....I don't see him on any draft boards. I don't get it...... He's no Eichel or even danton Heinen, but he's as close as you'll find as a freshman on a bad team.

He should be a 4th round draft pick that isn't gonna get drafted.

JayTam

Apr 20, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
He has good size, a pass first mentality (still a good/better shoot then he gets credit for) and had a good showing at the WCJ, on a bad team Germany.

You can easily take a 6th on him, leave him in the NCAA for a year or two and then develope him further in the AHL. He has more upside then many think. He is one of the better prospects out of Germany as of late!

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
He has good size, a pass first mentality (still a good/better shoot then he gets credit for) and had a good showing at the WCJ, on a bad team Germany.

You can easily take a 6th on him, leave him in the NCAA for a year or two and then develope him further in the AHL. He has more upside then many think. He is one of the better prospects out of Germany as of late!

Phenomenal prediction! Love this pick for Pittsburgh, Tiffels has always been a favorite of mine to follow and cool to watch the past couple WJCs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad