LW Francis Perron (2014, 190th, OTT; traded to SJS)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Anyone see this guy play this season? Looks good on paper:

Captain of the top team in the CHL
6'0, 165lbs (decent size, needs to fill out)
15 games played, 13 goals, 17 assists, 30 points, +14
Extended his 15 game point streak with 4 points tonight

Is this guy a legitimate prospect?

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
If he is on Team Canada's radar for the WJC then perhaps he is legit. His numbers speak loud, but numbers are not everything.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Good player. Skating, vision and stickhlandling are his strengths. Definitely see NHL upside.

Needs to get stronger and be more agressive on a consistent basis. I haven't gotten to see him yet this season but the numbers suggest he has improved in that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Huskies are a fantastic team. Fast, very aggressive, play as a team. Perron as captain has a lot to do with that. He has a great shot too. I hope they keep dominating because all their top players deserve more recognition.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
What i remember from when he was drafted. His coach used him in defensive situations so he would learn to defend better. He was an all offense guy. There were attitude and work ethic concerns when drafted. He was extremely displeased that he fell to the 7th round. Looked like he was going through the motions in his draft interview from what i remember

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What i remember from when he was drafted. His coach used him in defensive situations so he would learn to defend better. He was an all offense guy. There were attitude and work ethic concerns when drafted. He was extremely displeased that he fell to the 7th round. Looked like he was going through the motions in his draft interview from what i remember

It's the same story for a lot of Huskies. They even leave many guys in AAA for their 16 year old season so that they are defensively sound. Nantel was also traumatized he fell to the 7th round, he was ranked something like 52 by central scouting, I'm sure Perron was in a similar situation. They are a small market team in western Quebec, they don't get a lot of attention and I'm sure aren't heavily scouted.

Anyway, first star of the week for Perron and the Huskies continue to roll.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
What a beast. Was leading the CHL in scoring at the end of the weekend. Gonna be the best Perron in the NHL soon.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
For only a 7th rd pick in 2014. His Q stats are eye popping.

37 points in only 16 games. Those are crazy stats...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Any Q fans want to weigh in on Perron? Guy is tearin it up. Should he be on Team Canada? Or passed over for ?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't think so. He has the potential to become a NHLer one day though.

His competition at LW:

Crouse (lock): 12GP-8G-7A-15P
Dal Colle: 19GP-7G-12A-19P
Perlini: 17GP-8G-8A-16P
Beauvillier: 17GP-16G-18A-34P
Chartier: 7GP-1G-3A-4P
DeBrusk: 14GP-6G-14A-20P
Sadowy: 17GP-9G-10A-19P

Perron: 20GP-16G-24A-40P

Clearly outplaying all of them. Captain of one of the best teams in the CHL, on a 20 game point streak, plays in all situations (PP, PK) and has been a major threat shorthanded this season.

I'm admittedly biased, but I don't understand why he wouldn't have a legitimate shot to make the team. He probably gets an invite to the winter camp just like Chartier did last season after lighting up the WHL, and if his recent play is any indication he'll probably seize it.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Feel like this guy really flying under the radar. 13Pts in last 5 games and now up to 41 goals and 64 assists. Second only to Garland in scoring and Pt/g. Hopefully he and Timo can take this team to the Mem Cup.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Yeah, he's been pretty incredible this year albeit playing on a very strong team. He was in consideration for Team Canada's WJC team.
It will be interesting to see his progress as he makes the jump to the AHL next season.
A long playoff run this year could add a lot of value to his stock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad