LW Filip Forsmark - Skovde IK, SWE JRS (2016 undrafted)

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Not too sure how many people have heard of this kid, but he has been impressive. He is only 15 years old and he is playing in the J20 Elit in Sweden. He is more than a point per game at this time with 8 points in 7 games.

His most impressive feet was during TV-Pucken this year. He was first in the tournament with 13 goals and 28 points in only 8 games.

I think this kid has potential at this point. What do you guys think?

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
It's too bad no one is really interested in this player. Even though his stats are unreal at a young age. Trust me, if The Fonz thinks he is gonna be a standout, then he will be!! Remember that.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Just saw his stats on elite prospects, that's really impressive. Do you have any kind of scouting report on the kid? Style of play?

Very fast and with good scoring touch. Not sure how his game would translate to a more tight checked game. There's a chance he wouldn't be able to handle it, like Paajarvi whom was a scoring machine in junior. Forsmark is very raw and has played in an off market team and league but just moved to Frolunda. Let's hope he does very well in the tougher competition.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Very fast and with good scoring touch. Not sure how his game would translate to a more tight checked game. There's a chance he wouldn't be able to handle it, like Paajarvi whom was a scoring machine in junior. Forsmark is very raw and has played in an off market team and league but just moved to Frolunda. Let's hope he does very well in the tougher competition.

Slightly OT, but did Paajarvi ever play C? Seems like with his skill set that he seems like something of a fit there.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Skilled player but a bit overrated from TV-pucken IMO. J18 Elit is better than j20 Elit btw. Played 5 games so far with Frölundas J18, and has 0 points and -2. Don't get me wrong though, he's a really skilled player but his performance in TV-pucken made him a bit overrated by some.

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
Skilled player but a bit overrated from TV-pucken IMO. J18 Elit is better than j20 Elit btw. Played 5 games so far with Frölundas J18, and has 0 points and -2. Don't get me wrong though, he's a really skilled player but his performance in TV-pucken made him a bit overrated by some.

lol serious? J20 Elit is better than J18 Elit thanks tho their age...

and just becuase a 15 year old kid plays with 3 years older guys havent scored a point in 5 game is now overrated? lol.

He will be amazing

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg

I've seen two or three games of him with Frölunda's J18 team, he hasn't looked out of place, just some unlucky bounces and posts that kept him off the scoresheet so far. To put it in perspective, in three games with Frölunda's U16 team he has five goals and ten assists.

Forsmark is really interesting prospect but the real treat following Frölunda's juniors is seeing Weissbach. Kid is unreal, never seen such a good skater at that age.

Oilers93

Apr 27, 2012
Edmonton
This name sounds made up. :P

No kidding, how many more "Filip Fors..." are we going to get from Sweden?

His stats on Elite Prospects look pretty good for someone his age considering he is playing in the "J20" division, so hopefully he continues this run of success further and gets some more notice.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I thought for a moment it was forsberg but im like wait...what? lol

That is pretty impressive let's see what happens though, two years is quite ways away.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
lol serious? J20 Elit is better than J18 Elit thanks tho their age...

and just becuase a 15 year old kid plays with 3 years older guys havent scored a point in 5 game is now overrated? lol.

He will be amazing

I think he meant to write J18 Allsvenskan. Which is where Frölunda J18 plays after christmas. That's a better league than J20 Elit.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
I think he meant to write J18 Allsvenskan. Which is where Frölunda J18 plays after christmas. That's a better league than J20 Elit.

Spot on! My bad, and it's not because he haven't scored i think he's SLIGHTLY overrated. It's the hype from TV-pucken, his team was in the easiest group by far with, for example, team Gotland. Weissbach, same team same age, is IMO a better player with way less attention. There are a few other 98-forwards that i like more than Forsmark also. Great player anyhow. :)

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Any thoughts on Forsmark?

Decent coming back into the draft as a 19 year this month/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad