LW Emil Heineman (2020, 43rd, FLA, traded to CGY; traded to MTL)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Deserves a thread at this point. Heineman has come out of nowhere and is destroying J20 Superelit with 22 points (15 goals) in just 10 games. Have only seen very little of him but he's got really nice goal scoring tools, great shot, good hands, good skater and overall good instincts in the offensive zone and on the PP. He's your typical late bloomer and hasn't been a scorer at any other level. Late 01 birthday.

Emil Heineman at eliteprospects.com

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
What has changed in his game to change his production so dramatically compared to last year?

Alex Taxman

FSHockey
Jul 11, 2019
www.futurescopehockey.com
What has changed in his game to change his production so dramatically compared to last year?
I went back and watched some of the Leksands games from late last season. All of his physical tools look the same, albeit he might have grown since last year. In my opinion, he just got really really smart over the course of one summer. Like Victor said, typical late bloomer. Something in his head has clearly clicked.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Didn't watch him last season but I would be surprised if confidence isn't the main reason for his rapid improvement. The tools and talent has probably always been there.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
watched a bunch of the videos on this guy and he's solid. really good stick, feet always moving.
seems like a smart, opportunistic winger. definitely top 100.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Forward Emil Heineman dominated the Swedish junior leagues this past season. He put up 26 goals and 15 assists for 41 points in just 29 games in the Under-20 SuperElit. He had the most goals and points of any player in the Under-20 North of the SuperElit. This earned him a call-up to Leksands IF in the SHL. Heineman put up just two assists in 11 games but was only seeing limited ice time as he adjusts to Sweden’s top men’s league. He also played four games for the Swedish Under-19 National team, putting up two goals and three assists for five points.

It was a big improvement over 2018-19 when Heineman had just one goal and four assists for five points in 27 games in the SuperElit. He also put up four goals and two assists for six points in six games, as well as one goal and two points in two playoff games in the J18 league. Heinemann comes from good bloodlines. He is the youngest of four brothers who have all played professional hockey in Sweden.

Our Scouting Report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05/22/emil-heineman-scouting-report/

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
His production fell off a cliff.

From 41 pts in 29 games in 19/20 to 6 pts in 30 games in 20/21.

What happened?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
He moved on from the juniors to the big boy league

OK. Those stat lines were from the same team. I thought it was apples to apples.

Ah! See now that I was looking at the wrong line. J20 last year and SHL this year.

My apologies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
One of my favourite players from this draft class.

Great motor, good skater, extremely relentless on the forecheck, and very high IQ in both the D zone and O zone.

Would have really loved for Avs to get him if they would have had a 2nd round pick, and Fwiw I took him at 45th in the Avs board mock draft :)

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

*OvechKiN*

Nov 29, 2005
Easy guys, not all at once....

JK. I too would like to hear from some guys that follow or have seen him play a bit. I did not recognize the name when I first saw it, but draft pedigree has me very intrigued.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad