LW Dovar Tinling - Hawkesbury Hawks, CCHL (2021 Draft)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
According to Mike McMahon on Twitter, Dovar Tinling might accelerate his schooling and begin play at U of Vermont as soon as this upcoming season (2020-21). He would be the youngest player in NCAA div. 1

Tinling is highly talented and has always impressed me when I saw him in Midget AAA here in Quebec as well as his Bantam and Pee Wee years. He notched 51 pts in 50 games this year in the CCHL and was named rookie of the year.

I think he could be a 1st rounder in the NHL in 2021. Of course, adjusting to the NCAA at just 17 years of age could be tough, but if he does, his stock could skyrocket

He was slated to report to Des Moines of the USHL

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I think he has first round talent but is more of a perimeter guy which may drop him to the second or third round. He's an elite playmaker with some of the best hockey sense you'll see. I really love his game. Can't wait to see where he plays.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Believe it or not, it may be better if he did not go to Vermont next year (or at all). They are not a particularly strong team and if he can't stand out, then it will severely hurt his stock.

Teams also value kids who go to quality programs, because they want to know that they are going to develop well. It's not like in the CHL where they can just get traded to a better team... Once you go to an NCAA team, you either have to sit out a year to transfer, make it work, or go to the CHL/AHL.

Case in point, Lucas Mercuri decommitted from Vermont to play for Des Moines full time next year, and will likely look for a better program. He probably realized that since he is on a lot of NHL radars, he should be aiming for a better program, and I would not be surprised if it boosts his stock a little bit.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Believe it or not, it may be better if he did not go to Vermont next year (or at all). They are not a particularly strong team and if he can't stand out, then it will severely hurt his stock.

Teams also value kids who go to quality programs, because they want to know that they are going to develop well. It's not like in the CHL where they can just get traded to a better team... Once you go to an NCAA team, you either have to sit out a year to transfer, make it work, or go to the CHL/AHL.

Case in point, Lucas Mercuri decommitted from Vermont to play for Des Moines full time next year, and will likely look for a better program. He probably realized that since he is on a lot of NHL radars, he should be aiming for a better program, and I would not be surprised if it boosts his stock a little bit.

That's a fair point. I was also surprised when Dovar commited to Vermont, I'm sure there are way better hockey options for him but he likely wants to play with his brother.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Tinling left Vermont after another awful season. Joined Des Moines and has 3 pts in 2 games.

I hope he can put himself back on the radars somehow or that decision to go to Vermont will have killed his career.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Is attending the Flyers development camp. Has he committed anywhere for 2022-23 (NCAA, USPORT, CHL) or will he turn pro and attempt to work his way up that way?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad