LW Dmytro Timashov (2015, 125th, TOR; claimed by DET)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Super skilled flashy player. Likes to hold on to the puck a lot and control the power play. Not the best skater and obviously size is an issue.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Really, really skilled with the puck on his stick. Has a tendency to hold on to the puck for too long and needs to get better at finding his teammates.

Will probably do very well in the Q, his future playing against men is more of a question mark.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
He's the most skilled forward born in 96 in Sweden, next to Nylander. Was pretty good in Allsvenskan last year at times, and played three games in SHL aswell, delivering one assist.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He was the only good thing going on for Quebec this weekend as he participated on all 4 goals they scored (1 goal and 3 assists). 8 shots on goal and 5 given hits. He was a +1 which is a good thing considering they got outscored 16 to 4!

He mentionned William Nylander helped convincing him to join the CHL.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
He was the only good thing going on for Quebec this weekend as he participated on all 4 goals they scored (1 goal and 3 assists). 8 shots on goal and 5 given hits. He was a +1 which is a good thing considering they got outscored 16 to 4!

that seems kind of random?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Nylander didn't play in the CHL but he knows the league.

Timashov was thinking of crossing the Atlantic Ocean for some time. He had discussed it with William Nylander, his teammate with MODO. Born in Calgary, the son of former NHL player Michael Nylander had spoken positively of the Canadian hockey league, even if he was developed in Sweden.

"He told me that I would become a better player. I feel that my game time will be higher here than in Sweden. At home, we drive on four lines regardless of the score or the time left to play. Here, we will do everything to get the tying goal in the third period "

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/do...raccourci-de-5000-km-pour-dmytro-timashov.php

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

I saw Timashov a little bit. Couple of periods, definitely need to get a better viewing but I thought he looked really small out there. Good hustle, good hands, very solid skating as well, involved in the play, but quite small.

I will try and compare him with A.Richard and Schweri, two other smaller guys with a lot of skills.

I havnt had time to evaluate his strenght so far, how strong do you think he looks against bigger guys Serge?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Size is an issue that's for sure. He's listed at 5'9 and 189 lbs but I'd say he's more a 5'8! That's Martin Reway's size at the same age.

He completes his checks and isn't soft but he got hit solidly a couple of times last weekend, one time against Jeremy Roy.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
This kid is really talented, another goal tonight. Dangerous on virtually every shift.

Not afraid to play in traffic.

Now he scores a 2nd goal on a breakaway, nice backhand finish between the legs.

Last edited:

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Don't know much about the guy since i'm watching him for the first time but still he does stand out big time. He's making a lot of great passes between legs of Baie-Comeau players, he intercept pucks, he's also really good at guessing the right amount of speed the puck need to get for his passes in pretty much all situation, also good decision making. An interesting player that's for sure!

And while writing this he's making such an awesome goal!

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
This kid is really talented, another goal tonight. Dangerous on virtually every shift.

Not afraid to play in traffic.

Now he scores a 2nd goal on a breakaway, nice backhand finish between the legs.

That's exactly why he'll get attention from scouts despite his size.

He reminds me of Andrighetto.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I watched the game between Quebec and Baie-Comeau last night, and I must say that Timashov was the best 2015 prospect on the ice. I must also mention that even though he was impressive, he did not wow me like Jeremy Roy did last week.

Timashov might squeeze into the 1st round. I'm anxiously awaiting the start of the other CHL leagues' seasons to compare. I'm really stoked about the 2015 draft!

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I watched the game between Quebec and Baie-Comeau last night, and I must say that Timashov was the best 2015 prospect on the ice. I must also mention that even though he was impressive, he did not wow me like Jeremy Roy did last week.

Timashov might squeeze into the 1st round. I'm anxiously awaiting the start of the other CHL leagues' seasons to compare. I'm really stoked about the 2015 draft!

Booth looked very good last night, and is 95% getting drafted before Timashov.

Meloche looked good as well (not his best game though, the whole B-C defense struggled) and is 99% getting drafted before Timashov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad