LW Cole Eiserman - USNTDP U18 (2024 draft)

Aug 25, 2009
éal
NTDP had nothing to do with my comp. It was more about the one-dimensionality of their games. Both have an elite shot, not so elite at the other parts of their games.
Caufield is a very good playmaker

Haven’t watched Eiserman but from what I read he’s solely a shooter

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Caufield is a very good playmaker

Haven’t watched Eiserman but from what I read he’s solely a shooter
Which should work out good for Montreal because he appears to be the best natural goal scorer in this draft and we really need to score more goals. Looks like we have addressed our backend in the last few drafts but our offense is still pretty piddly. If we draft at say 6 and he is there he makes a lot of sense IMO.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
never like drafting a guy who was a clear top 2 guy at start of season then been droppig all season.. if we draft 7th if we cant get cayden or the finish forward drawing name blank on him atm lol. then i would skip cole and just take one of the d man especially with chabot struggles and chykrin pros on his way out.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Forsberg falled a few more spots than anticipated. Worked out okay.
I think Getzlaf was a big time faller.

Both guys were ranked pretty highly going into the draft then fell on draft day, so that might be a different case. Other poster seemed to be indicating the type of guy who was steadily dropping through the draft year, prospects like Angelo Esposito or John McFarland?

1713466240755.png

One (non-recent) example of a faller working out was Petr Sykora. He started the 1994-95 season expected to be a possible #1 pick. Ended up ranked #8 by THN by the end of the year then dropped to #18 to New Jersey. Although Sykora bounced around a lot in the second half of his career.

Last edited:

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Just the last few years

A. Lundell
A. Raty

Both discussed and seen as 1st overall for multiple yrs leading up and as late as early on in their draft years. Heck this draft not long ago A. Kiviharju. Nearly every year can find a similar situation
Raty is the one that jumps out to me. I don’t think Eiserman falls that far though. Someone will take a chance in the middle of the first round at worst.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Forsberg falled a few more spots than anticipated. Worked out okay.
Forsberg fell at the draft. He didn’t really fall in draft rankings. It was just a weird circumstance of teams liking one player a little more.

Eiserman is falling in rankings, everyone is seeing the red flags.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
never like drafting a guy who was a clear top 2 guy at start of season then been droppig all season.. if we draft 7th if we cant get cayden or the finish forward drawing name blank on him atm lol. then i would skip cole and just take one of the d man especially with chabot struggles and chykrin pros on his way out.
How can you be an Ottawa fan and spell the guy's name this wrong lol

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen someone drop from a potential 1st overall pick this much in the projections. At the same time, I predict that most teams who passes him will make a big mistake. Goal scoring record is in serious trouble in the U18 Worlds.
I have many times. Angelo Esposito, Sean Couturier, Shane Wright, Adam Larsson, Phil Kessel were all in serious consideration for 1st overall one year prior to their draft year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad