LW Cole Eiserman - USNTDP U18 (2024 draft)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
And you clearly didn’t read the post. You come out guns ablaze on something you know little about and prove it with these posts.

ActuallY read the posts and then get back to me.

Thanks for coming out though.
No I read the posts and it's not only me here that thinks you are out to lunch calling CC the 2nd or 3rd best guy from that draft with hindsight.

I actually went and looked at the splits as well and here is how it breaks down.

46 games in 21-22 Cole has a 46-26-10-36 line and the year before in the final 3 months here is his socring (and we are only talking scoring here nothing else)

Feb 9-6-4-10
March 15-7-8-15
April 14-9-1-10

Those totals are 84-48-nevermind the assists and then we get to this year 52-17

Since you are so big on hindsight with the redraft perhaps we use some here with CC as well.

Yes he does get a bump when MSL took over and the team played with house money in 21-22.

In 22-23 he continues to score but the Habs still flounder, they are having more team success this year but the goals are down.

Maybe the conclusion is that scoring 50 goals in the NHL is alot harder than you think in a season as it's only been surpassed 9 times in the last 3 seasons.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No I read the posts and it's not only me here that thinks you are out to lunch calling CC the 2nd or 3rd best guy from that draft with hindsight.

I actually went and looked at the splits as well and here is how it breaks down.

46 games in 21-22 Cole has a 46-26-10-36 line and the year before in the final 3 months here is his socring (and we are only talking scoring here nothing else)

Feb 9-6-4-10
March 15-7-8-15
April 14-9-1-10

Those totals are 84-48-nevermind the assists and then we get to this year 52-17

Since you are so big on hindsight with the redraft perhaps we use some here with CC as well.

Yes he does get a bump when MSL took over and the team played with house money in 21-22.

In 22-23 he continues to score but the Habs still flounder, they are having more team success this year but the goals are down.

Maybe the conclusion is that scoring 50 goals in the NHL is alot harder than you think in a season as it's only been surpassed 9 times in the last 3 seasons.
It’s one thing to say you don’t think a guy won’t hit 50. It’s a whole other thing to say that it’s ridiculous to say he will.

The underlying numbers even this year were that of a forty plus goal guy. He racks up shots at approx 300 per year. Even at a 12 percent number that’s 44 goals.

CC spent about half the year shooting under 7 percent. That is ridiculously low. It’s also unlikely to be repeated.

So yeah, there’s every reason to think this guy will be a 50 goal guy. 48 in his first 82 under MSL included the back half of his rookie year. He was pacing for around that last year when his shoulder got hurt and needed surgery. That probably has something to do with his low percentage at the start of this season.

In any event what you posted was laughably bad. And it was even worse when you came in and said that there’s nothing to indicate that he could be a 50 goal guy.

Don’t think he’ll score 50? No worries. But to say that there’s no case for it? That’s just flat out dumb.

By all means, continue with your Wile Coyote type posts. I’m here for them all night.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It’s one thing to say you don’t think a guy won’t hit 50. It’s a whole other thing to say that it’s ridiculous to say he will.
Only 9 guys have reached 50 goals in the last 3 NHL seasons.

The underlying numbers even this year were that of a forty plus goal guy. He racks up shots at approx 300 per year. Even at a 12 percent number that’s 44 goals.

CC spent about half the year shooting under 7 percent. That is ridiculously low. It’s also unlikely to be repeated.

Sure but in the example you gave his shooting % is 16.5 for the 22-23 season and the final 3 months that you are all excited about it was

seems to tie in with your last part in bold also unlikely to be repeated
So yeah, there’s every reason to think this guy will be a 50 goal guy.

No actually there isn't every reason only 9 times has it been done in the last 3 seasons and Drai did it twice.
48 in his first 82 under MSL included the back half of his rookie year. He was pacing for around that last year when his shoulder got hurt and needed surgery. That probably has something to do with his low percentage at the start of this season.

I’m any event you post was laughably bad. And it was even worse when you came in and said that there’s nothing to indicate that he could be a 50 goal guy.
Read above it his best stretch with almost certainly unrepeatable shooting %'s he still fell 2 goals short.
Don’t think he’ll score 50? No worries. But to say that there’s no case for it? That’s just flat out dumb.
My point is that it's extremely unlikely like in the 995 range but you can cling to the less than 1% hope I guess.

By all means, continue with your Wile Coyote type posts. I’m here for them all night.
I've said my piece 8 players and 9 times in the least 3 years, I rest my case.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Only 9 guys have reached 50 goals in the last 3 NHL seasons.
And?

Caufield has the best goal per game number of any player 23 and younger. And I already showed you he scored 48 in his first 82 under MSL with half of that coming from his rookie year.

Sure but in the example you gave his shooting % is 16.5 for the 22-23 season and the final 3 months that you are all excited about it was

seems to tie in with your last part in bold also unlikely to be repeated

Not unusual at all for snipers to be over 16 percent.

And again, don’t think he’ll do it? No worries. But to say there’s nothing to indicate he will? That’s dumb.

No actually there isn't every reason only 9 times has it been done in the last 3 seasons and Drai did it twice.
This is the second time you’ve tried this in one post. It’s not an argument. Getting 50 goals is hard? No kidding.

Read above it his best stretch with almost certainly unrepeatable shooting %'s he still fell 2 goals short.

My point is that it's extremely unlikely like in the 995 range but you can cling to the less than 1% hope I guess.
You have no basis for this. The best predictor of future success is past performance. He holds the goals record in the NCAA and killed it as soon as he had a decent coach. He puts up 300 shots per year now on bad teams. That will likely improve as his teams do.

I've said my piece 8 players and 9 times in the least 3 years, I rest my case.
Verdict: Your posts are really bad and you should feel shame.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We agree here and he has 17 goals this year.

look I get that you really really want CC to score 50 goals but you simply aren't making a very good case here and trying to shame me really?
So you’re back to “…but 17 goals!” :laugh:

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
I haven't follow his development much but I have seen him slipping down the draft rankings... For those in the know, is Eiserman shaping up to be another Shane Wright?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I haven't follow his development much but I have seen him slipping down the draft rankings... For those in the know, is Eiserman shaping up to be another Shane Wright?
Is that a bad thing? I don’t think many expect him to go top 5. If he goes like 7th or 8th, would you be disappointed with Shane Wright there?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Is that a bad thing? I don’t think many expect him to go top 5. If he goes like 7th or 8th, would you be disappointed with Shane Wright there?
It’s not a bad thing if you’re drafting 7th. :laugh: I think the guy is still scoring at a goal per game pace. Even if you’re a h i dimensional player like Brett Hull those goals are incredibly valuable.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s not a bad thing if you’re drafting 7th. :laugh: I think the guy is still scoring at a goal per game pace. Even if you’re a h i dimensional player like Brett Hull those goals are incredibly valuable.
He’s a flawed player, but the hate is going overboard once you get outside the top 5 or 6. He’s a top six winger all day.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He’s a flawed player, but the hate is going overboard once you get outside the top 5 or 6. He’s a top six winger all day.
Before this season there was talk of him maybe going number one…

Sounds like he’s a selfish player and scouts see him as a one trick pony. I guess scouts will have to do their homework here. Again though Brett Hull was a one trick pony and any team in the league would’ve loved to have had him.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Before this season there was talk of him maybe going number one…

Sounds like he’s a selfish player and scouts see him as a one trick pony. I guess scouts will have to do their homework here. Again though Brett Hull was a one trick pony and any team in the league would’ve loved to have had him.

The only catch is that if your one-trick is scoring goals, you'd better be a Brett Hull or Pavel Bure to hold any value for scouts and coaches.

Reactions: Blueston

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Looks like he can skate shoot and also passes
He's not a one trick pony even though he is being portrayed as one. Kind of reminds me of the "fall" of Phil Kessel in his draft year. A lot of questions about compete, drive, work ethic, defense, etc.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's not a one trick pony even though he is being portrayed as one. Kind of reminds me of the "fall" of Phil Kessel in his draft year. A lot of questions about compete, drive, work ethic, defense, etc.
What makes you say he’s not a one trick pony? Doesn’t mean he’s bad. Plenty of one trick ponies have had elite careers in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad