LW Christopher Clapperton - B-B Armada, QMJHL (2013, 122nd overall, Florida)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Florida prospect Christopher Clapperton is the offensive leader of the 8-0-0 Blainville-Boisbriand Armada with 20 pts in just 8 games. The diminutive speedy winger was not even invited to Florida's main training camp last month ! He has been very impressive so far this year.

The Armada are the top junior team in Canada despite missing in their lineup another NHL draftee, forward Marc-Olivier Roy of the Edmonton Oilers.

Another very impressive player this year in the Q is Anthony Mantha, Detroit's 1st rounder, who has 11 goals in just 7 games.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Florida prospect Christopher Clapperton is the offensive leader of the 8-0-0 Blainville-Boisbriand Armada with 20 pts in just 8 games. The diminutive speedy winger was not even invited to Florida's main training camp last month ! He has been very impressive so far this year.

The Armada are the top junior team in Canada despite missing in their lineup another NHL draftee, forward Marc-Olivier Roy of the Edmonton Oilers.

Another very impressive player this year in the Q is Anthony Mantha, Detroit's 1st rounder, who has 11 goals in just 7 games.

I believed Clapperton in the fifth round was great value for Florida, even though it was his second time being draft eligible. I see him as a bottom line forward with grit in the pros but his current scoring prowess is quite impressive.

20 points in 8 games and no other Armada player has more than 11 points. The Armada has scored 34 goals this year and yet he has 20 points (involved in 58,8 % of his team's goals)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I believed Clapperton in the fifth round was great value for Florida, even though it was his second time being draft eligible. I see him as a bottom line forward with grit in the pros but his current scoring prowess is quite impressive.

20 points in 8 games and no other Armada player has more than 11 points. The Armada has scored 34 goals this year and yet he has 20 points (involved in 58,8 % of his team's goals)

Sure he is gritty but at 5'8 he won't be a succesful bottom-line player in the NHL if he relies on his grit. He has a ton of speed and very good offensive talent that hopefully he will continue developping. He needs to become a 2nd/3rd line offensive player to have a lenghty NHL career.

He's still a longshot and could even be back next year as an overrager in the Q.

His speed, two-way play, playmaking abilities and offensive vision are very impressive.

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
A lot of Florida fans see the stats and get excited about him, but I'm not really sure about this guy. He had his moments at the prospect camp, but wasn't an impact player out there by any means. It's nice to see him off to a great start this season, but gaudy QMJHL numbers don't predict NHL success. We'll see if he keeps this up, but he's stuck in a tough prospect depth chart in Florida. Not exactly sold on him as a prospect just yet.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
A lot of Florida fans see the stats and get excited about him, but I'm not really sure about this guy. He had his moments at the prospect camp, but wasn't an impact player out there by any means. It's nice to see him off to a great start this season, but gaudy QMJHL numbers don't predict NHL success. We'll see if he keeps this up, but he's stuck in a tough prospect depth chart in Florida. Not exactly sold on him as a prospect just yet.

He doesn't have a lot of holes in his game, maybe it was just a question of being ''intimidated'' at his first NHL camp or just being a bit too small/weak yet for NHL actions. As he matures and gains confidence he should perform better at prospect camps.

He is one of the best forwards in the Q and if a guy like JS Dea can get a contract with Pittsburgh, Clapperton definitely has a shot as well. I'm rooting for the little guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad