LW/C Vladimir Bobylyov - Spartak Moscow, KHL (2016, 122nd, TOR)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He wasn't known as top prospect or something.

His teammate Nikita Li scored nothing in 26 games and still was invited by Bragin to the U20 team.
I mean there is not so many 19 years old guys playing major roles in the KHL teams. Only ten U20 guys collected more points than Bobylev.

Yeah, he has 1+2 in 20 games. Actually not that bad statistically, but who knows about other sides of his game.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I really like the 3 big Russian wingers we got last draft. Out of bobylyov and chebykin which one do you think is the better chance at a NHL future and whch has the the higher ceiling?

Both are risky ones, but between them I'd choose Chebykin, although looks like they both have a loooong way to go to get there.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Both are risky ones, but between them I'd choose Chebykin, although looks like they both have a loooong way to go to get there.

oh yeah for sure. Even korshkov while being ALOT closer is still a long way to get there

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I've seen him play a few times in Victoria and while he's fairly skilled and looks big out there- I don't see NHL upside at all.

Who knows though, time will tell.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I've seen him play a few times in Victoria and while he's fairly skilled and looks big out there- I don't see NHL upside at all.

Who knows though, time will tell.

Hes a 5th round pick so the odds of him turning it are fairly low. Just wondering why you think he's got no NHL upside. To me he seems fairly dominant in Junior, but the NHL is a huge step.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Hes a 5th round pick so the odds of him turning it are fairly low. Just wondering why you think he's got no NHL upside. To me he seems fairly dominant in Junior, but the NHL is a huge step.

That's kind of the thing, he's never really looked dominant to me at all. He'll make some really nice plays now and then, no doubt, but he jut doesn't look to be the step ahead you expect an NHL prospect to be.

Foot speed may impede him as well, he can get up to speed but his first step/acceleration left a lot to be desired when I watched. Hope he proves me wrong though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad