LW/C Loic Goyette - Drummondville Voltigeurs, QMJHL (2024 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
(i checked, twice that there were no previous thread of him)

Loic Goyette at eliteprospects.com

loic goyette scouting reports - Bing

(a short interview from 2019, in french)

(post draft video)

very interesting prospect to follow

-----

Position LW (QMJHL has him as center)
Height : 6 foot 0
Weight : 181 lbs
DOB : October 29th 2005 (so a late, almost a November birthday 2005 player)
POB : Laval, QC, Canada
Draft : 17th overall in the 2021 QMJHL Draft
NHL Draft eligible : 2024

-----

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Elite skill and shot... a bit soft for his size. Not a bad skater, still needs to get stronger. There is pro upside here. Don't know if he'll play in the Q this season however. Has had a decent start to the pre-season.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Elite skill and shot... a bit soft for his size. Not a bad skater, still needs to get stronger. There is pro upside here. Don't know if he'll play in the Q this season however. Has had a decent start to the pre-season.

Why wouldn't he play this season?

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Why wouldn't he play this season?

A few factors... I think there will be less 16 years old in the Q than other years because these guys did not even play in Midget yet. This factor is not related to Goyette. The other factor is that I don't think Drummondville will want to have a team full of 16 and 17 years old and I expect their other 3 first rounders to play in the league, as well as a fair share of their 2020 draft picks.

On Goyette himself, he's a bit of a raw player who last year in pre-season in Midget did not shine a lot, and when I saw him at some showcases right before the draft, even though he flashed his elite skill level, he was still inconsistent.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to go and dominate Midget for at least the first half of the season and then revaluate during the holidays.

I'm actually a big Goyette fan. The CSR had him ranked as a late second rounder, but I've had him in my top 10 for most of the last two years going into the QMJHL draft. Being a late birthday, I think you can give him more time to develop to make him a better NHL prospect as well.

That said, I would not be surprised if he plays in the Q either and I don't think he'd necessarily look out of place. I just believe it could be a good thing to allow him to dominate and regain the swagger he had in Bantam as a goalscorer who can take over games offensively.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
21-22 & 22-23 small role, 86 games, 10+10=20, -18 (1.3 shots on goal per game)
23-24, top 6 role, 8 games, 6+2=8, +7 (3.1 shots on goal per game)

PS he has grown since i created this thread, now at 6 foot 1 and around 200 lbs

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
21-22 & 22-23 small role, 86 games, 10+10=20, -18 (1.3 shots on goal per game)
23-24, top 6 role, 8 games, 6+2=8, +7 (3.1 shots on goal per game)

PS he has grown since i created this thread, now at 6 foot 1 and around 200 lbs

By the way, he's not in a top 6 role, he's still on the 4th line with Tristan Roy and Renaud Poulin...

He has scored a bunch, he's got a great shot and a nice physical package. He will need more opportunity to maintain that level of offense however...

His average ice time so far this season is 12:10... placing him 18th on the team. Gotta wonder if he's going to be traded as Drummondville tries to buy, he could work out in an offensive role elsewhere if given a chance.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
By the way, he's not in a top 6 role, he's still on the 4th line with Tristan Roy and Renaud Poulin...

He has scored a bunch, he's got a great shot and a nice physical package. He will need more opportunity to maintain that level of offense however...

His average ice time so far this season is 12:10... placing him 18th on the team. Gotta wonder if he's going to be traded as Drummondville tries to buy, he could work out in an offensive role elsewhere if given a chance.

thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad